We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spa & Restaurant recommendations close to Taksu Sanur Hotel

california
Level Contributor
807 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
Spa & Restaurant recommendations close to Taksu Sanur Hotel

Hello,

We plan on staying at Taksu Sanur Hotel, could you please recommend places to eat and have massage.

Thyank you.

Surfers Paradise...
Level Contributor
1,496 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spa & Restaurant recommendations close to Taksu Sanur Hotel

I recently stayed at Taksu and absolutely loved it. There are numerous lovely cafes close by ... my favourite is Ristorante Sale e Pepe which is about 3 minutes walk around the corner on Jl. Cemara. I also loved the Beach Club at the Puri Santrian their entrance is on Jl. Cemara and this is also where I would cut through to the beach. About 3 doors down from the hotel is a brand new spa called Leha Leha Spa it is simply beautiful with highly trained therapists (very reasonable prices just a little higher than cheap street spas). Also the Spa at Kamuela Suites & Villas Sanur which is just past the entrance to Puri Santrian. And then if you want to splash out a bit more you could try the Aroma Spa at Prama Hotel Sanur Beach (formally the Sanur Beach Hotel) their entrance is diagonally opposite Ristorante Sale e Pepe.

You will enjoy your stay at Taksu.

Edited: 5:08 pm, July 16, 2014
california
Level Contributor
807 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spa & Restaurant recommendations close to Taksu Sanur Hotel

Hi Carofire,

Thank you so much for your reply. We initially planned on staying at Kuta for our 1st night in Bali, but was convinced by Whinnie & other TA contributors that Sanur would be a better choice. We'll spend the rest of our short stay in Ubud.

Your recommendations & tips where to eat & go for massage are greatly appreciated.

How long do you think will it take us to get to Sanur from DPS airport, arriving at 3:00pm? Is taking a taxi with fixed price the best option? Is there only one route to get to Sanur or a better/shorter way to avoid traffic.

Cheers.

Surfers Paradise...
Level Contributor
1,496 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spa & Restaurant recommendations close to Taksu Sanur Hotel

Its a very quick trip now due to the new bypass road but it does depend of traffic conditions on the day but about 20 minutes I would think. As I mostly travel solo I generally get transport provided by the hotel which is of course a bit more costly but usually better cars and the driver knows exactly where the hotel is. But you can also get a taxi at the airport.

Cheers Caroline

australia
Level Contributor
408 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spa & Restaurant recommendations close to Taksu Sanur Hotel

Yeh 20-30 mins dep on traffic. Taksu Sanur is a lovely new hotel around the corner from the main road area.. Nice pool and rooms and very good wifi. There is a great little Irish Cafe/restaurant just around the corner on the main road. I really enjoyed eating my meal with the Irish/Bali band playing. Great fun. And there is also a Chinese Restaurant Fortune Cookie next door which is also very good. The Mezzanine Bar and restaurant is beautiful for a little more upmarket. I have stayed pretty much everywhere in Bali and Sanur is my favourite. The Taksu was planning on opening a Bali Bakery onsite when I was there last year. Hopefully it is operational now. Hotel Car is a little more expensive than taxi but if its your first trip it might be the way to go for you.

california
Level Contributor
807 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Spa & Restaurant recommendations close to Taksu Sanur Hotel

Hi Carofire,

Once again, thank you for your help & comments, you're awesome!

Best Regards,

Lena

california
Level Contributor
807 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Spa & Restaurant recommendations close to Taksu Sanur Hotel

Hi Jubilee,

Your comments about Taksu hotel makes me feel better about choosing this hotel over Mercure. It's good to know it's located where we can walk & have many good choices where to eat & where to go for good massage (per recommendation of Carofire).

Thanks to you & many other contributors to TA forum, I finally settled on where to spend our 1st night in Bali.

Regards & many Happy travels,

Lena

7. Re: Spa & Restaurant recommendations close to Taksu Sanur Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 19, 2015