We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Market

Berwick, Australia
Level Contributor
73 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Market

I haven't been to Sanur in 20 years is there still a clothes (art) market near Segara Village, We are looking at doing a day trip to Sanur in a few weeks.

TIA

Lynda

Mentioned in this post
Sanur
Sanur
Denpasar, Indonesia
Segara Village Hotel
Segara Village Hotel
1,451 Reviews
Sanur, Indonesia
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
65 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Market

Yes it is still there...........but you wont recognise it after 20years, lots more restaurants there than there use to be, you will find Tooties fixed price shop there behind her restaurant., well worth a visit to both. Hope this helps

Berwick, Australia
Level Contributor
73 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Market

Thanks Jewels22552. I cant wait, I took my girlfriends to Sanur last November, but it pelted down with rain so we only stopped for dinner it was far too wet for market shopping.. Where should I be telling the taxi driver to drop us of at? We stayed in Nusa Dua last time(and again this time) and he didn't know where Segara Village was but he new where Besakhi was.

Edited: 5:06 am, June 23, 2014
Mentioned in this post
Sanur
Sanur
Denpasar, Indonesia
Nusa Dua
Nusa Dua
Nusa Dua Peninsula, Indonesia
Segara Village Hotel
Segara Village Hotel
1,451 Reviews
Sanur, Indonesia
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
620 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Market

Hi! There are a number of markets in Sanur.

1. Baruna beach market, there are about 30 shops, yes including Tootsie's shop, however the other shops are also worth visiting. (one of my favourites is Indhas shop.

2. Sindhu beach market, the biggest on Sanur beach, approximately 60 shops.

Both of the above are a short walk from the Segara Village, there is also the smaller art market closer to the Segara.

On the main street you can find another small market called Dwi Karya Art market. Jl Danua Tamblingan No.68.

If you are there on a Sunday there is a small Sunday market behind the Sands restaurant on the beach.

Enjoy your trip down memory lane, Sanur has changed a lot over the years.

Mentioned in this post
Sanur
Sanur
Denpasar, Indonesia
Sindhu Beach Market
Sindhu Beach Market
67 Reviews
Sanur, Indonesia
Sanur Beach
Sanur Beach
6,696 Reviews
Sanur, Indonesia
Segara Village Hotel
Segara Village Hotel
1,451 Reviews
Sanur, Indonesia
Berwick, Australia
Level Contributor
73 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Market

Thanks Wayne. I cant wait

queenscliff vic
Level Contributor
55 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Market

make sure you go to the night markets for great food, we loved it there and got a bemo back to besakih hotel.

adelaide
Level Contributor
81 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Market

Does anyone know what time the markets open in Sanur? We aren't staying in Sanur this trip but thought we would go over for breakfast on the beach one day and have a look.

Mentioned in this post
Sanur
Sanur
Denpasar, Indonesia
7. Re: Market

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 am, July 15, 2015