We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help me decide pls griya santrian or Prama sanur ???

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
189 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Help me decide pls griya santrian or Prama sanur ???

Hi all

Husband and I are heading to bali for the first time in early august, was told it's quite busy then so best be booking somewhere to stay very soon.

I have decided on sanur as opposed to kata, seminyak and am pretty confident with our decision however now I'm torn between 2 hotels, the griya and the Prama.....pls help me decide which, they are both similar in price.

We are both late 30's, like a quiet hotel, kids are no problem, we enjoy a meal and drink but def not party animals and am looking to chill on the beach in a great location.

Is there one hotel that would suit us better than the other ?

Thanks everybody

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
6,206 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help me decide pls griya santrian or Prama sanur ???

We have just returned from a week at the Griya and found it excellent. I have been through the Prama and as nice as it is I prefer the Griya for two reasons. The location and the fact that the Griya is a smaller resort .

Mentioned in this post
The Griya Sanur
The Griya Sanur
105 Reviews
Sanur, Indonesia
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
189 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Help me decide pls griya santrian or Prama sanur ???

Awesome.... thank you

Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Help me decide pls griya santrian or Prama sanur ???

Hi. Have you looked at Segara Village? Haven't stayed there (yet!) but a travel agent friend recommended it to me over the other two... sorry to add another one to the mix!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
189 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Help me decide pls griya santrian or Prama sanur ???

Hi, yes segara was my first pick but going off website has no availability and I can not find an email address to email and check.... Just looking at the griya and it is prob $200 over my budget yet the sanur falls in my budget.. So just wondering if it's worth paying the extra $$$ to stay at the griya over the sanur...

hmmm decisions

Mt Martha, Australia
Level Contributor
101 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help me decide pls griya santrian or Prama sanur ???

Will add another possibility. Have stayed at the Mercure Resort for the last three years and love it. It is very good value. It's very close to Prama. It's a quieter area but the beach path from South to North is a very easy walk.

Must admit this year we seemed to spend more time closer to the Griya visiting restaurants such as The Porch, Warung Little Bird and my favourite Art Cafe. Also Luhtu's Cafe.

Wherever you stay I'm sure you will enjoy.

Mentioned in this post
Mercure Resort Sanur
Mercure Resort Sanur
2,468 Reviews
Sanur, Indonesia
The Griya Sanur
The Griya Sanur
105 Reviews
Sanur, Indonesia
Warung Little Bird
Warung Little Bird
2,691 Reviews
Sanur, Indonesia
Art Cafe Sanur
Art Cafe Sanur
798 Reviews
Sanur, Indonesia
Perth
Level Contributor
218 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help me decide pls griya santrian or Prama sanur ???

To add another, we stayed at the kejora suites and loved it. Small boutique and new.

Agoda has good rates. Gryia lovely also, but don't stay in garden wing very dark. Look for specials on booking websites.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help me decide pls griya santrian or Prama sanur ???

Of the 2 you are considering, I would go with the Griya Santrian.

I like the smaller size of it and it's location is more central to everything Sanur has to offer.

I also don't like the amount of large tour buses that pick up and drop off at the Prama.

Mentioned in this post
Griya Santrian
Griya Santrian
1,632 Reviews
Sanur, Indonesia
Sanur Bali
Level Contributor
2,742 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help me decide pls griya santrian or Prama sanur ???

The Griya is not in a good location. It is on the bypass and you will need taxis everywhere. I recently chatted to a tourist who was put in there by her travel agent and was very disappointed. I can not believe that people are telling you it is in a good location.

Do not believe the travel agent unless they have stayed there. In fact ignore advice from any person who tells you a hotel is good and then admits they have not stayed there.

Mentioned in this post
The Griya Sanur
The Griya Sanur
105 Reviews
Sanur, Indonesia
Perth
Level Contributor
218 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help me decide pls griya santrian or Prama sanur ???

sorry I was talking about the gryia santrian- which is on the beach. and I have stayed there a few times.

wasn't aware another hotel with similar name :)

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
14,195 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help me decide pls griya santrian or Prama sanur ???

Aren't we talking about the Griya Santrian as opposed to The Griya, cempaka ?? Two very different hotels. I've always enjoyed staying at the Griya Santrian and love it's location.

Mentioned in this post
Griya Santrian
Griya Santrian
1,632 Reviews
Sanur, Indonesia
The Griya Sanur
The Griya Sanur
105 Reviews
Sanur, Indonesia