We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sudamala

Cal
7 posts
Save Topic
Sudamala

Is Sudamal resort on the beach or does one have to walk for some time to reach the beach?

Does it have direct access to the beach?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sudamala

No it's not on the beach and it doesn't have direct access to the beach.

You have to walk about 100m in either direction from the hotel to a side street that ends at the beach, and then it's about another 200m to the beach on these side streets.

Cal
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sudamala

Thanks, Whinnie. This really helps. Keeping that aside, would you be able to advise if Sudamala is better than Griya or vice versa. I am undecided. I am travelling with my 2 Kids and wife. I wanted to stay at a great resort but also one which preferably had beach access. The two which I have shortlisted are Griya and Sudamala. I will go for Sudamala only if Griya was not as good. Grateful for your advise.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sudamala

Just my personal choice but I much prefer The Griya Santrian for position and it's right on the beach.

I assume you mean the Griya Santrian because there is a hotel called the Griya in Sanur but it's on the By Pass and I wouldn't recommend that anyone stays there simply because of location.

Cal
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sudamala

I meant the Griya Santrian. Hope it will be good for Kids as well. I have read amazing reviews for Sudamala and that is why I could not come to a conclusion.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sudamala

Yeah, the Griya Santrian probably isn't top notch for kids but the fact that it's right on the beach does makes up for that.

Cal
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Sudamala

Also, there is another toss up. I could stay at Nusa Dua as well at a place such as Ayodya Resort. However, I decided on Sanur as I had read that it is closer to Ubud if one wishes to take day tours and as a beach destination, it is better than the Kuta area and Nusa Dua. Sanur is also supposedly better if one wishes to take in Balinese culture in comparison to Nusa Dua. And many people posted that it was genuinely a better option - quieter, less touristy and yet beautiful. Do let me know your thoughts on this.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sudamala

Nusa Dua is lovely and the beach is great there. BUT it is and always will be, a purpose built tourist enclave of 4 and 5 star resorts. You really aren't going to get any real feel for Bali by staying there.

Sanur is a good base for day trips, it's relaxed and laid back but still has more than enough dining and shopping options. It's a great place for kids because of the beach path and it never feels busy even in peak season, unlike Kuta, Legian and Seminyak. I wouldn't call Sanur non-touristy, because it is still aimed at the tourist, but it is quieter and less in your face than other places.

As for Balinese Culture, yes you can see some in Sanur but in order to really experience it you need to travel out of the built up areas and into the small villages that dot the island.

Cal
7 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Sudamala

Thanks a ton. Your help is really appreciated.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
99 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sudamala

Hi Doogie,

Which did you go for in the end?

How was the beach front?

Isn't Puri as good as Griya Santrian? Which has the better beach front???

Regards, Raul

10. Re: Sudamala

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, April 26, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Sanur