We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Four in Sanur

Which Sanur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Guangzhou
Level Contributor
434 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Day Four in Sanur

Well, it wasn't exactly IN Sanur. Today we took a little day trip over to Kuta so Hub could try surfing. The beach there is beautiful- like something out of a book- but going there just for the day made me SO happy that we sought advice from the Bali forum for the kind of trip best suited to our desires. Kuta, with its crowds, waves, and party atmosphere is just not what we were seeking. It was nice to go for the day but....

Hub rented a surf board and gave surfing his best shot for four hours or so. Let's just say you won't see him on the Sports Network for his winning performance in the "over 60's" category. However, we considered it a good success. He didn't get hurt and the surfboard didn't break, both of which were excellent results!

I braved the waves very briefly before coming to the conclusion that I'd just as soon not be beaten up today. So I settled for getting a foot massage from a lady named Lilly under the palms and sipping my iced tea from Starbucks. Now I'm not normally a Starbucks kind of girl, but I am an iced tea queen. I've been ordering iced tea all over the beach- got iced lemon tea from Basilica that was actually iced lime tea. It was ok but not what I was looking for. Tried iced lemon tea again from ManFrydays but it was more like lemon water with a side of sugar. I couldn't find the tea in the brew at all. Have been making my own tea in my room using the Lipton gold tea bags I carried with me but no ice. So....Starbucks makes a very nice iced lemon tea if you ask for no lemon and no sugar you've got...voila! Real iced tea. Between the tea and the foot massage I was a happy camper. I took the advice of one and all who told me, "Don't worry. Be happy!"

Tomorrow we pack up and move to Amed with a little stop along the way to snorkel at Blue Lagoon and White Sand Beach. I feel a bit sad that our last day in Sanur was not really in Sanur. It's been a gem of a time- weather has been perfect, people have been friendly, our lodging has been comfortable and appealing, and relaxation has been daily on the agenda! What a pearl of a place is Sanur!

Thanks to all the Sanur lovers on the forum for the advice that made our stay so wonderful.

Bali, Indonesia
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Day Four in Sanur

have fund dive ,... its will be over 10 minutes from padang bay harbour to blue lagoon,..

why dont you try menjangan diving as well

Guangzhou
Level Contributor
434 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day Four in Sanur

Kurnia, we already have booked Pemuteran as the final leg of our trip so we will surely plan to go to Menjangan. Looking forward to it!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day Four in Sanur

thanks for the update Pat.. we haven't managed to be in Sanur for the kite festival yet and your description was great....we'll be doing Amed then Sanur in 6 weeks time... looking forward to your views on Amed.

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
65 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day Four in Sanur

Thanks Pat, I am really looking forward to your views on Blue Lagoon and White Sand Beach as my daughter and I are heading that way in January :)

5. Re: Day Four in Sanur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, August 28, 2014