We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JBR - What a week! Days 2 & 3

Oxley, Australia
Level Contributor
192 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
JBR - What a week! Days 2 & 3

Sorry guys.....I think the next few installments are going to be long :-)

Day 2 – Friday. Good morning Sanur!! A glorious morning greeted us & we decided that the villa was just right for us, seeing it in the light of day. After a quick cuppa & a dip in the pool, we took our 30 second walk into the 6 x single room villa complex owned by the same people who own the one we were in for breakfast. It was a nice surprise to learn on our first night that breakfast was included. We could have toast, cereal, eggs any way we liked them, bacon etc. The Bali Boys (as our kids affectionately called them)did a good job looking after us on the days we chose to eat there…..no time for rushing, pleanty of time to make use of the free wifi & enjoy the birds & atmosphere with the pool etc. Then we set out for the day. The aim was to orientate the Sanur newbies with their location & stock up on a few supplies for the week. We made good use of Hardy’s & The Pantry across the road. We all trekked the Sanur beach path, north & south, together or in smaller groups & ended up meeting at Kami Sama for lunch. We all enjoyed digging our toes into the sand, a cold Bintang & an OK feed with OK service. A friend from Darwin & her hubby & 2 kids were in Sanur for their final night & we had arranged to catch up. To cut to the chase our group of 6 adults & our 2 Darwin friends ate out at CharMing….a delicious feed & lots of laughs – yet again. Our 2 kids & friend’s 2 kids were well looked after by a great baby sitter until it was her knock off time. I picked our kids up from my friend’s villa & popped them into bed at our villa, to get ready for another busy day. The big boys stopped in at The Wicked Parrot for a mudslide…..which would pretty well become a nightly nightcap for one or most or our crew during our Sanur visit. They had great live music & a good atmosphere.

Day 3 – Saturday. My hubby & I celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary early on this day….up & ready by 7:15am for a pick up by Sanur Cycle tours. My dad & King also joined us. We were picked up from our villa & take to their Sanur base where we were fitted out with a bike, helmet, a bottle of icy cold water & a Sanur Cycle Tours logo netball bib…all in the name of advertising of an up & coming business venture! We were all happy to oblige as this is a relatively new businesses venture & Anthony was a great guide. We did 20 kms in a leisurely 3 hours. It was a good way to see further afield than I would have usually seen. We had lots of laughs on the way & stopped at Warung Bebek D’Uma for an icy cold drink overlooking the rice fields. Meanwhile, my 2 kids took their Oma (Jen) & H out to Mona Lisa for Brekkie, which they all enjoyed. We all met up at the villa & Brett decided to go to Kuta to sort his tattoo out, the other 3 boys tagged along. Hubby got his tattoo & artisit organized & made a booking for the day before we were leaving. King kept the Kuta economy afloat & when he finally escaped the market stalls, had a heap of sunnies, headphones, boardshorts & singlet tops. I reckon they spotted King as a newbie a mile away!! Jen, H, my daughter & I hit the beach path & ended up at Lhutu’s coffee shop for lunch. What a treat! Great service, nice position, nice food & icy cold Bintangs! We had a look in Tootsies shop & loved shopping hassle free in the airconditioning. I noticed there were at least 2 other set price shops across from Tootsies.

Later on we all got into the groove of sitting by the villa pool & swimming, especially the kids. The adults cracked open the duty free, mixers & ice & decided we were far too happy lazing at the villa so we decided to order pizzas from The Village next door. The pizzas were great – and so were the cocktails that us girls had while we were waiting for them to be cooked!! Over lots of laughs throughout the night we decided that tomorrow was going to be Waterbom for my hubby, Dad, King & the kids. Jen, H & I were going to get some pampering done!

Oxley, Australia
Level Contributor
192 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: JBR - What a week! Days 2 & 3

Gabbyo - My Dad, Jen, H & King fly out of Bali tonight for Melbourne....they are not looking forward to the cold. At least my hubby, the kids & I only had to go to Darwin, weather much the same as Bali :-)

Beachbum - we stayed in a 3 bedroom villa that is attached to Amansari Villas, but not advertised on their site. Pretty well the same layout as Dream Haven Villa & Bali Sanur Beach Villas, which are all in the same compound.

Oxley, Australia
Level Contributor
192 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: JBR - What a week! Days 2 & 3

A villa connected with Amansari Villa - but it isn't advertised anywhere that I can find. Only the 6 x 1 bedroom villas/rooms are advertised.

13. Re: JBR - What a week! Days 2 & 3

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, July 26, 2014