We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

buying prescription glasses in sanur

Which Sanur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
West Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Topic
buying prescription glasses in sanur

Can anyone advise me on buying prescription glasses from sanur.

Ballina, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pemuteran, Bali
Level Contributor
7,297 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: buying prescription glasses in sanur

Pak Hendri at Wina Optik are at Jl Danau Poso No. 30. You can email Hendri before you leave England and make an appointment to see him at the Sanur shop.

winaoptic@yahoo.co.id

Deniliquin...
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: buying prescription glasses in sanur

Hendri is a wonderful man and will look after you,my husband and I have just had our 3rd set of glasses made by Hendri

Bella375

gold coast
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: buying prescription glasses in sanur

Can't go past wina optic great price and service. Have used them many times over the years and the owner hendri is so honest and a great guy .kobrob..

coffs harbour...
Level Contributor
5,357 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: buying prescription glasses in sanur

I recently had glasses made by the shop outside Hardys, on the left hand side, and I'm really happy with them both for quality and price.

I did phone Hendri the morning after we arrived, but he couldn't get to Sanur before 6pm and we had plans for the evening. Seeing him the next evening would not have allowed enough time for the specs to be make.

Hervey Bay...
Level Contributor
541 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: buying prescription glasses in sanur

Interested in getting glasses done as well (for me an a family member back home), any idea how long they take and the cost? Can I just give them a script and have them made or do they need to see each person personally?

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,755 posts
313 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: buying prescription glasses in sanur

There are numerous posts to read about Wina optical to give you further information about costs, what days he is at the Sanur store etc. Just type "wina optical" in the bali forum search bar.

You can either give them a script and choose your frames OR he will check your eyes for you. Simple single vision glasses usually only take a couple of days, other glasses need a week to get them made as they often have to order the lenses. It is best to visit the first day after arriving and that way you have plenty of time to get them made. Some optometrists can have single vision glasses available same day or less.

7. Re: buying prescription glasses in sanur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, September 02, 2014