We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taking my 87 year old mum to Sanur

Australia
9 posts
Save Topic
Taking my 87 year old mum to Sanur

Does anyone have any tips for me. My 87 year old mum and I are staying at Sanur Beach Hotel for 12 nights. from June 28, 2013.We are taking her walker as she is not that steady on her feet. Any suggestions of locations that a driver could take us or shows she may like? She is coeliac as well. She is sooo excited.

P.S What is the best airport lounge to wait in for our trip back.? Happy to pay.

Edited: 6:53 am, June 23, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Sanur Beach
Sanur Beach
6,695 Reviews
Sanur, Indonesia
Yarra Valley...
Level Contributor
512 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Taking my 87 year old mum to Sanur

Your mum would love the traditional Balinese dances and cultural events, this would be a great form of entertainment for her. Ask at your hotel for information on local ceremonies and dances. Hope she has a wonderful time.

Essexs
Level Contributor
98 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Taking my 87 year old mum to Sanur

lynnej3

What a wonderful thing to do for your mum, hope you had a fab time

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
5,264 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Taking my 87 year old mum to Sanur

Be very careful with her if she walks a little bit on footpaths etc. they can be uneven & slope slope sharply sometimes.

Have a great time!!!

Cheers Mac

Hobart
Level Contributor
76 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Taking my 87 year old mum to Sanur

The orchid garden in Sanur would be a great place to visit, I know my Mum would have loved it, and the turtle sanctuary at Serangen, both should be ok with a walker

Mentioned in this post
Sanur
Sanur
Denpasar, Indonesia
Australia
9 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Taking my 87 year old mum to Sanur

I m so sorry for not posting earlier. You have probably already been to Bali with your mum. We had a wonderful time. The Sanur Beach Hotel was excellent for mum. It was so easy to get around their grounds using her walker. We also hired a wheel chair from the hotel which enabled me to take mum for a one hour walk right along the beach. We could have gone further. Let me know if you would like any further details.

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Sanur Beach
Sanur Beach
6,695 Reviews
Sanur, Indonesia
Australia
Level Contributor
298 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Taking my 87 year old mum to Sanur

for any one else looking for an activity for the elderly,i suggest DEVDAN.its a theatre production at Nusa Dua.great night entertaiment.fantastic show

Mentioned in this post
Nusa Dua
Nusa Dua
Nusa Dua Peninsula, Indonesia
17. Re: Taking my 87 year old mum to Sanur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, June 04, 2015