We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tamukami or Aquarius

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Tamukami or Aquarius

Hi all

trying to decide between the above 2 hotels, or open to suggestions.

Looking for a small, quiet, hotel pref limited children, under $100 per night close to beach and main shopping drag.

Looking to book for April 2014, should I book now or wait until closer ?

cheers

GEELONG AUSTRALIA
Level Contributor
53 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Tamukami or Aquarius

Tamukami does not have a room safe but it does have individual lock boxes of a good size held in a private room behind the reception area. The boxes aren't big enough to hold a laptop but then again neither are most room safes. I have stayed at Tamukami twice and it is fantastic. The owners are a retired Belgian couple who live on site and are very friendly and interested in their guests. The hotel restaurant has an extensive menu of both Balinese and European dishes (my son tried the frogs legs and loved them) and the pricing is reasonable. Staff are very friendly and the water quality in the pool is tested daily with PH levels on display for all to see. I have only stayed in their Bungalow Suites and they ave very large with the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. I hightly reccommend this hotel and I will definitely stay there next time I am in Sanur. Tony.

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,885 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Tamukami or Aquarius

The only downside with the glass doors in Aquarius is that the room gets light very early. Also if you've had too much Bintang it's easy to walk into them as you forget they are there. The upstairs rooms don't have the privacy issue unless the Harlem Globetrotters happen to be staying there.

Edit for ochervet - the rooms in Aquarius have a safe.

Edited: 2:05 am, June 18, 2013
13. Re: Tamukami or Aquarius

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 20, 2014