We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

If you have time for only one day trip from Sanur...

Singapore
Level Contributor
22 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
If you have time for only one day trip from Sanur...

Hi everyone,

My wife and I will be in Sanur from 28 June to 2 July. This will be our first time to Sanur. We were in Kuta/ Seminyak the last time we went to Bali. With just 3 full days (29 June to 1 July), we are thinking if we should embark on a day trip on one of the days. I think, at most, we only have one day for day tripping as we want to spend some time exploring Sanur and do not want a packed schedule.

Assuming we proceed with the day trip, where would you suggest we go? Or do you think we should remain in Sanur the entire time? I've been reading through the forums and people generally recommend Ubud or Nusa Lembongan for day trips. We are not exceptionally keen on diving/ snorkelling/ sea activities. Some lovely scenic places (different from Sanur) will do nicely for us.

Thanks for any replies in advance!

Baliberty Day Trips
Boat Tours, Water Sports, Scuba & Snorkeling, Other Outdoor Activities
Singapore
Level Contributor
22 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: If you have time for only one day trip from Sanur...

Oh I didn't think of it this way... Hmm, will take note..

Thanks for the suggestion!

Kuala Lumpur...
1 post
Save Reply
12. Re: If you have time for only one day trip from Sanur...

Hi Ahmeng,

How was your day trip ? Would you recommend the restaurant mentioned ?

My group is planning a similar trip at the end of August

Singapore
Level Contributor
22 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: If you have time for only one day trip from Sanur...

Hi HahTK,

Yes, we took a driver who drove us to Kintamani. On our way there, we stopped by Ubud (for sightseeing and shopping) and a beautiful rice terrace (probably Cekingan. Not too sure since we did not ask. Too distracted by the scenic views.. haha). Lake Batur is lovely and the weather there is much cooler too. We found the touting by the locals manageable and was not as bad as we feared. Probably because there were lots of other tourists to 'target' and we did not exactly appear as the most well-off ones. Ha.

We also had lunch at pulu mujung. To be honest and no offence to ubudpuppy, we find the food just alright. Maybe we just happened to find them on a bad day. But you can choose to have a drink there, absorbing the full beauty of Lake Batur.

Have fun, it's a lovely day trip to go.

Bali, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Ubud, Pemuteran, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
10,076 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: If you have time for only one day trip from Sanur...

HI Ahmeng:: Glad to hear you enjoyed it, and the hawkers were not too terrible.,,

Pulu Mujung is good organic food, not super cuisine by any means, but by far the best in the area... But hopefully you weren 't disapponted too much. .. when I go with my friends we are many vegetarians and organic eaters so we like that kind of food...:) But the view is lovely...

Singapore
Level Contributor
22 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: If you have time for only one day trip from Sanur...

No worries ubudpuppy, we definitely weren't disappointed by the food. It wasn't bad at all, just a case of unrealistic expectations on our part. The lake batur view more than made up for it!

16. Re: If you have time for only one day trip from Sanur...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 21, 2014