We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommadation with bit of a view!

southampton
Level Contributor
76 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Accommadation with bit of a view!

Hi All.

Going to Sanur for the first time for a week in August.

Wondered if anyone can give any recomendations of places to stay.

We would prefer somewhere with some cooking facilities, but not too botherred if there is'nt any.

A fridge is a must.

Not bothered about wifi.

Hot water a must along with a pool to use.

And finally would prefer a bit of a view from a balcony or something.

Some friends of ours had a garden appartment at Villa Puri Ayu, which they recomend, but it does tick all the boxes, apart from a bit of a view. They are priced at £55.00 a night.

Our budget is around that, maybe up to £70.00 a night.

Hope we don't appear too fussy!

Many thanks in advance

Tim

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,919 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommadation with bit of a view!

Hi Cliff - it's your holiday, you're paying to be fussy, but unless you have an unlimited budget then you may have to compromise somewhere along the way. A few hotels with views you may want to look at would be the Inna Sindhu Beach, the Sanur Beach Hotel, and the 70s council-tower block that is the Grand Bali Beach. I've not stayed at any of these places to recommend them to you, I prefer the smaller Balinese-style hotels and these are a little too large for my taste. The Peneeda has so-called seaview rooms, but in unless you are Jaws from the James Bond films, you may struggle to see anything more than the perimeter wall from your room. There are some good little beachfront hotels, but it's the hotel restaurants that tend to be on the beach with the view, so rooms tend to look into the hotel grounds or at the restaurant.

So on balance, if you're dead set on Sanur and the Puri Ayu ticks the majority of your boxes, I would go for it. If you want a view, take very short walk down to the beach and sit in one of the beachfront cafes with a beer or five.

southampton
Level Contributor
76 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommadation with bit of a view!

Hi Happynoodleboy,

Thanks for reply.

I think you are right in what you say to stay in Puri Ayu and then just take a short walk to the beach and sit in one of the beach front cafes with a beer or three!

With the view though, it does'nt have to be of the beach, just a street or somethng, we like to people watch!

Thanks Again

Tim

3. Re: Accommadation with bit of a view!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 14, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Sanur
Recent Conversations