We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Place(s) to Stay in Sanur

Which Sanur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
30 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Best Place(s) to Stay in Sanur

Hi All -

I will be lucky enough to have a holiday in Bali this coming May. I have decided to spend my time between Ubud and Sanur but haven't been quite able to figure out where to stay.

I would love to find stay somewhere on a great beach, with close proximity to restaurants and places to wander, as well as somewhere that'll feel like a retreat. It's not everyday that I can be in Bali so I'm on a fair budget (~$150/night incl. breakfast) but of course the cheaper the better... I just don't want to compromise quality.

Please share your suggestions for places you think are suitable for me to get my "Eat, Pray, Love" on. Thanks for your time!

P.S. I am traveling with my sister so romantic/honeymoon-esque places not preferred.

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,216 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Place(s) to Stay in Sanur

Hi ontap - while I cannot promise inner peace and true love after a divorce and successful but unfulfilling career, check out the Griya Santrian. Good beachfront boutique hotel, well located. Slightly more intimate and smaller, nearby is another place called La Taverna, also beach front with oodles of Balinese charm and quirky rooms. Its slightly cheaper than the Griya too.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
30 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Place(s) to Stay in Sanur

Ha! Touche. The Griya seems to be the most favorable so I'll be sure to check it out. Is the "northern" part of Sanur much more favorable than the southern part? Eg. Hyatt vs. Puri Santrian? Thanks for the suggestions!

new jersey
Level Contributor
34 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Place(s) to Stay in Sanur

Bump. ;)

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
608 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Place(s) to Stay in Sanur

How long are you planning?Maybe you have enough time to visit a couple of places and really get to explore.Sanur is lovely and relaxing and a great base ,Legian is also great but a bit busier and it also has nice beachfront hotels,and Ubud is different again.Then there is also all the places inbetween.And of course there is also Semimyak for delicious eating!

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,216 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Place(s) to Stay in Sanur

I wouldn't say that northern Sanur is more favourable as such. The Hyatt is pretty much in the middle, the Puri Santrian is in the south. If you're feeling energetic you can easily walk the length of Sanur from one end to the other, although taxis and bemos are easy and cheap options for getting from one end to the other also. There are good restaurants in either end.

6. Re: Best Place(s) to Stay in Sanur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:40 pm, March 18, 2013
Sanur Bali
Level Contributor
2,400 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Place(s) to Stay in Sanur

Great post Club Aqua. Of course you would tell us that one is the best hotel in Sanur. It is where your business interest is centred!

SYDNEY
Level Contributor
1,970 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Place(s) to Stay in Sanur

Whilst not on the beachfront, in Sanur, only minutes walk from it, you could perhaps look at the Sanur Beach Villas, and the Kamuela Villas and suites, however it depends on you budget, as both have different levels of accomodation and both have exceptional hosts/managers with wonderful service. The staff of both have a knack on making your stay memorable.

The SBV are very homely as with the Kamuela.

Level Contributor
8 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Place(s) to Stay in Sanur

Hi - I love Sanur, it is very quiet - I stay Puri Sanrian - club room - no kids in small pool. Depends on your budget - don't go Hyatt . If you are expecting gorgeous beach - not so much - it's nice enough but I find a lot of bali beaches dirty - they just don't get the message! Doesn't stop me though go all the time - actually going next week, last there September last year - so I'm a regular...

Have you looked at Seminyak? Depends on your ages and what you want out of your holiday? Shopping is great - some nice shops amazing restaurants ie Potato head, Sarong, Sardine, to mention a few (look them up on www). Sanur has some ok places but NOTHING like these.

You'll just love Bali whatever you do! Also check out Gili islands - if up for an adventure by boat (2 hours) can be VERY rough but they are beautiful and swimming, snorkelling, diving and cleaner beaches.

Have fun!

Golden Beach...
Level Contributor
1,112 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Place(s) to Stay in Sanur

Sanur is a great area to stay in, we have stayed at the Hyatt four times, it's on a very nice beach, with a large beach frontage, plenty of beach chairs with umbrellas & great friendly service...we like the service a resort offers, anytime you want a fresh juice or ice cream mango Sundai it's made fresh all while you are enjoying a swim or good book. The grounds are full of wildlife & kept beautifully. The whole resort is lovely to walk around its also within budget.

We have just returned from Hyatt yesterday, while staying in Sanur we checked out rooms at Sindu beach called Aquarius, they have air con, TV with lovely large clean stylish rooms & bathroom for $75 with Breaky a night. The area is great, we love Sindu beach for the beach, the cafes & Ayu spa...a few good shops all in this area. We are considering staying there later this year for 7 nights as we will be booking a few rooms. There is a pool & pool table to use, it's a hop skip & a few jumps from the beach front.

I have the details if you pm me.