We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Griya satrain renovations

Which Sanur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth
Level Contributor
218 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Griya satrain renovations

Walked through today, lots of banging, decent amount blocked off, left and middle behind middle pool back to one block before back pool (hope that makes sense) I took photos but not sure how to load on here ;) photos just show screen and really size of renovations. I wouldn't stay in garden wing at all. Hope that helps.

Perth
Level Contributor
680 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Griya satrain renovations

Groan! We're staying there for the first time in around 3 weeks.

I hope our stay isn't ruined by reno's!

Thanks for taking the time to do a report.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
4,721 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Griya satrain renovations

We,re there also in about 3 weeks & are in Garden Wing rooms & also have raved to our friends who are going with us about the Griya.

Mac wont be happy if all the info that the Griya have sent us about renos is Bul#sh*t :>((((((

Cheers Mac

Bunbury, Australia
Level Contributor
116 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Griya satrain renovations

my friend and i will be there this time in 2 weeks, we will just have to make a lot of noise then we wont hear the banging. see you all there.

Perth
Level Contributor
218 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Griya satrain renovations

I'd ask to be upgraded Mac! They were good giving us a refund. Its a big job, they have knocked down about 3 room blocks. Beach wing is far enough away ;)

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
4,721 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Griya satrain renovations

Hi freofranx,

Thanks for your info.

I've just sent them an email in regards where they are putting us & we will maybe request an upgrade when they reply.

Mac

sydney
Level Contributor
944 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Griya satrain renovations

Hi Rob

We were looking at staying there in 5 months time. Can you give us a bit of a report on the place when you are back.

Can you see if you can find out time frame till they are finished would be great.

Wow Sanur not looking too good for accomendation. Bali Hyatt is not taking bookings for the August time we are going.

Really want to stay at Sanur.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
4,721 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Griya satrain renovations

Hi Kim,

The recent emails that I have received is that the renovations are expected to be finished in October.

Cheers Mac

Bunbury, Australia
Level Contributor
116 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Griya satrain renovations

mac did you hear back from the griya, starting to think we should have a plan "B"

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
587 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Griya satrain renovations

hi kimds, We usually stay at the Griya but this time we chose the Respati. Booked a bungalow then after all that we read on trip advisor upgraded to Seaview Room. There are 4 Seaview room at the beach end of the Hotel BUT overlooking the Pool and Restaurant. Freaked at first but it has been great. The room is spacious and very clean. Bathroom a little small compared to the deluxe at the Griya but adequate. Unfortunately has shower over bath. Don't like that. We had a look at the Bungalows this morning and they have shower only and its BIG. The rooms again are nice and bathroom adequate. and if your bungalow no is evens you face onto the space where Gazebo has been demolished, so very private. The odd no's are on the walkway. All in all we have really enjoyed our stay here. Have walked through Griya a few times and yes I would upgrade or go somewhere else - lindiluu

Edited: 11:11 pm, March 02, 2013
Level Contributor
38 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Griya satrain renovations

Staying in beach wing room in 3 months time. Just wondering if I should move to a different hotel. I would appreciate any advice. Thinking of looking at Segara Village but not sure. Segara is a lot cheaper than what I paid for Griya (us$230 per night which now seems a tad expensive given the renos).