We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

White Water Rafting

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
52 posts
1 review
Save Topic
White Water Rafting

My daughter went white water rafting when she was in Bali in 2011 and has recommended it to us. She said it wasn't particularly challenging, but a lot of fun. Can any provide some more imformation on what is available and how they enjoyed it please.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
5,031 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: White Water Rafting

We went with BALI VIEW RAFTING.

You can see their Website online & book if you wish. It was a great, fun day with 2 hours or so in the raft & then a nice lunch.

We have booked again for our March trip with some friends.

Cheers Mac

Cranbourne...
Level Contributor
6,550 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: White Water Rafting

The 2 main rivers are the Ayung and the Telega Waja rivers. The Ayung is rated tamer than TW. I have used Sobek and Alam rafting companies both are good and probably dearer than others. There are now so many companies that offer WWR, and all provide much the same services. The thing to look out for when choosing a WWR company is the number of steps to get to and from the river, some may have only a few but some may have 400-500 and most times these steps are steep. WWR costs from about $25-$30 upwards. Ayung is closer to Kuta than TW, if that is an issue for you. Have fun...

Forster, Australia
Level Contributor
333 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: White Water Rafting

How many stairs were involved after completion of the rafting with this company?

Cranbourne...
Level Contributor
6,550 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: White Water Rafting

Not sure who you are asking?

But I did Ayung with Sobek a long time ago and the steps out were hundreds and steep and not always well formed. (Old ladies with deflated rafts on their heads were passing us on the way up) Things may have changed now.

I did TW with Alam this year and you walk thru a Rice Paddy to get to the river and only about 20 steps to get out to the restaurant and another easy 20 to get to the car.

Bahama is a company that was heavily promoted in Bali, I don't know anything about them though, try and google em.

Forster, Australia
Level Contributor
333 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: White Water Rafting

Thanks Greg, your post wasnt up when I wrote mine but thanks for the info.

We would realy like to go rafting again because we really enjoyed it but last time we went the stairs were a nightmare a vowed never to go again unless we could find something easier, especially when we had the much older ladies running past us up the stairs with deflated rafts on their heads and our guides pushing my friend and I up the last lot odfstairs from behind saying "come on Mama, you can do it!!"" (we are not what you would call fit or young!)

Just to clarify, the campany is called Alam rafting company?

The info you have given makes it doable!!

Thanks

Cranbourne...
Level Contributor
6,550 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: White Water Rafting

Yep Alam is the company and it cost 500,000 IDR, others are cheaper but I'd rather pay a billion than climb steps again.. There was a thread a few days ago that mentioned another company with "no steps" and cheap.

Forster, Australia
Level Contributor
333 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: White Water Rafting

Thanks again Greg, If I can be guaranteed minimal steps, happy to pay $500,000, I'm with you, would pay a billion also to avoid them!

Cranbourne...
Level Contributor
6,550 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: White Water Rafting

This is the other thread.....

tripadvisor.com.au/…47261398

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
266 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: White Water Rafting

My boys (12 & 15) did WWR through Bakas Adventures last July. They said there were a few stairs at either end of trip but not many mostly sloping roads to walk down.

I took the easy way and and stayed upstairs in a lovely air/cond hut and had a massage and facial while waiting for them. They had a great time.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
597 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: White Water Rafting

I would love to try this but don't want to get completely wet. I know I am a sook. But Chum do you know what this low key company was called - lindiluu