We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JBR-things I love...

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
614 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
JBR-things I love...

We have been back from our short stint for almost a week,and thought I would share ..a few of my favourite things!!

Riding along on my push bike...we always hire bikes in Sanur-the easiest way to get around,in my opinion-just have to go slow and ring that bell. We hired 2 bikes for the week for 200,000rp-we were happy with that so diddnt push too hard. You can hire bikes everywhere,but we got ours from 'Sarahs Bikes" which is at a market stall beachfront at the end of the lane where the German Cosul resides. The bikes-and its the same where ever you hire them from-come with baskets and locks.I love that you can safely ride the streets and and gangs,and even the gauntlet of market ladies tend to leave you undisturbed when on a bike!

Speaking of market ladies,I found them to be far less agressive in their approach,than on prevoius trips,but we found the drivers on the strreet more pushy.

Just near the Inna Sindu Beach hotel,there is a turtle rescue enclosure-good on you Sanur locals!! You can donate to the cause,and the money goes to the intended cause.

I love that you can stand on the main street (well not literally ),look in either directioand see restaurants stretching along the street. It makes dinning choices so much easier,especcially when your energy levels have been depleted by a day of pampering or reading by thepool ! I dont like to think too much when on holiday,so we usually take a lucky dip after looking down the street,or we take turns at choosing where to go. You cant really go wrong-and when that gets too hard,there is always Mona Lisa,Cinnamons,La Playa, Bennos,Pereginas, Sands,Charming--the choice really is endless.Or a corn cob by the beach !!And there is endless beach cafes at both ends of Sanur-you can take a cab up to the Hyatt or the Puri Santrian and walk through to the beach-and more choices! You will never go hungry!

Wtare sports are eveywher,depending on what you want. They are concentrated up near the Hyatt,but the locl boatmen are spread out along the beach,and there is nothing like a sail in one of the boats!My husband always does this.

Shopping is easy too,depending on what you are after. There is the markets,Hardys for day to day stuff and hassel free souvenirs,as well as some lovely boutiques. If you more,grab a cab and head over to ..the other side!!

And if you want to cook,even though you are on holiday,then The Bamboo Cooking School is a wonderful,social ,hands-on experience,and you wont be hungry when you leave!Ane excellent value,but dont tell Ron or the price might go up!!Thanks so much Irma and helpers-we all had a wonderful day,and I wont tell antone how good it is,or you will get too popular!!In fact i am going to cook the chiken curry for dinner! tonight!

So to sum it all up-if a little R+R is what you are after-dont come to Sanur-it may be too mellow!! ( I speak in code of course)And for those of you that are concerned that the teens or young adults in the family may be bored-well my young ladies choose Sanur,and if they want to have abig night they take a cab to Seminyak and enjoy that, But thet have made local friends,and enjoy a drink locally ,and live music irs available!

Now I will get back to normal living,and plan the next trip-July for my birthday!

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
2,425 posts
230 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: JBR-things I love...

That was again enjoyable

Melbourne
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: JBR-things I love...

Thankyou for your story! Love hearing people's wonderful Bali experiences.

Ive decided on Sanur for our first family holiday in September this year, cant wait! So will jot down a few of your points to remember for when we are over there. Just wondering - do they have tandem bikes anywhere in Sanur?

Cheers,

Julia.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,938 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: JBR-things I love...

Sounds perfect, I can't wait to be back in Sanur to do some of those things you enjoyed in just 15 sleeps :)

We hired our bikes from Sarah shop too last July and were happy with the condition they were in. I hope to hire a bike again this trip.

Thanks for sharing :)!!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
5,226 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: JBR-things I love...

Thanks Bugsy,

A great wind up off your trip!! Its been very enjoyable following your family trip.

Cheers Mac

Perth, Australia
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: JBR-things I love...

Love your posts Buggsie - You don't mention much about your hubby tho. I understand that he loves the massage ladies on the right as you walk out of the Segara - Agung and Nadia - For Knickerbockerglory ?- re: tandem bikes....I have seen them on the beach path but unsure of where they can be hires. It is note worthy that they MAY not be the best option as maneuvering about the pedestrians can be a challenge. Sometimes a bell just doesn't get the message across. Bear in mind that some people bear to the right and others bear to the left. Surprises DO occur. Might be best on individual bikes

Valla Beach
Level Contributor
392 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: JBR-things I love...

Thanks for your JBR Bugsbunney,

great read I am thinking of getting a bike also to ride around Sanur...cheers..

Downunder43

perth
Level Contributor
147 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: JBR-things I love...

what a lovely rundown on your trip good on you for sharing ....am missing anna's blogs big time !

54 sleeps til sanur!

Melbourne
Level Contributor
324 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: JBR-things I love...

We are also home today after a most relaxing trip. Loved every minute. We also enjoyed Bamboo shoots cooking school. Our cooking companions were great! Cannot wait to try making the veggie springrolls and the chicken soup.

My teenagers also hired bikes on the beach path at a restaurant we stopped at to have lunch. They were glad that the bells were in good working order. My husband and I enjoyed sitting under the treed canopy with our feet in the cool sand,cold drink in hand watching the world go by. Cannot wait to book our next trip. Did you use your motor and pestle?

Surfers Paradise...
Level Contributor
1,504 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: JBR-things I love...

Hi Bugs,

Thanks for the daily updates and the JBR it was great to read what a lovely family holiday you all had. And I have added a visit to the locals turtle rescue enclosure to my 'to do' list.

Cheers Caro

Dwellingup...
Level Contributor
291 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: JBR-things I love...

Just wondering if you noticed at the bike hire place if they hire out baby/children seats for the bikes also?