We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clothes

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
119 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Clothes

First posting on here, but been reading a lot of forums with great info, so thank you all!

We are off to Bali in April for the first time, 4 nts Ubud and 7 nts Sanur. Just wanted to ask about clothes. My 2 daughters (17 & 15 yrs) love their clothes and just wanted to know if they are really a lot cheaper over there than here (NZ), and is it worth not taking many in our cases and bringing lots home? Eldest daughter thinking about getting a ball gown made over there too. Also swim wear, is that cheap?

Many thanks in advance!

Denpasar, Bali...
Level Contributor
249 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Clothes

Yeah, I think for some shops are much cheaper even if we compare with Australia, then my answer would be yes. For the ball gown made I've seen a small shop near Kuta (I forgot the name) it's very cheap if you compare with the branded shop.

Perth
Level Contributor
825 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Clothes

Hi Mel and welcome to the forum!!

Clothes can be quite cheap in Bali. The clothes are really cheap in the market type shops, approx $2 to $4 for tops and dresses. The boutique type stores are dearer but still cheaper than home ( I am talking aussie prices )If your daughters like surfwear then there are a lot of surf outlet shops on sunset road that sell heavily discounted clothing.Any taxi will know where they are

.You can get gowns made in Bali haven''t done it myself but know people who have and they have been very happy, just give the tailor a few days to do it.

You can buy swimwear in Bali but I would still take your own just in case you don''t find anything you like.

I would suggest you take enough clothes for a couple of days in case you don''t see anything you like.

I have a 15 year old daughter and she can shop like theres no tomorrow especially at the surf shops!

Hope this information can help you a bit.

Adelaide
Level Contributor
512 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Clothes

Take your daughters to Bali brasco on sunset jl! They will have a field day! Lots of "designer" stuff really cheap! They only really go up to a small 14au in ladies, but I always find stacks of really great quality clothes there ( I bought my dd some Gwen stefani harijuku lovers tops for about $7aud each, she just about lives in them and they still look great!)

Perth
13 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Clothes

Hi, Is Sunset Rd in Sanur? Thank you

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
119 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Clothes

Many thanks for all your info, think we will have a ball shopping! So looking forward to going.

Mandurah, Australia
Level Contributor
106 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Clothes

Hey Bianchi. I think Jalan Sunset is on the way from Sanur to Kuta , just near the Galleria Mall.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
284 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Clothes

It is lots cheaper if you can bargain even though you don't bargain, it will be cheaper anyway. Quality wise I cannot say, there might be good and bad just look around different shops because sometimes, they sell same products but cut prices a little. You should buy some Batik Cloth, it is their local product and they are pretty neat.

Cheers,

Mini M

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
17 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Clothes

If you don't have the confidence to haggle, there are a couple of fixed price shops in the sindu markets (near Benos Restaurant on the beach @ Sanur). You don't pay much more than bargaining. If you decide to bargain, you can get a price guide on the Bali travel forum so you don't pay too much. Have fun :-)

Edited: 3:44 am, February 02, 2013
Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
119 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Clothes

Thank you all, we certainly will have fun, can't wait!

10. Re: Clothes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 11, 2014