We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Griya Santrian

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
94 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Griya Santrian

I have just received an email from the Griya in response to a query about availability of a deluxe room or Santrian suite in June for 2 adults and a 2 year old and I have been told that the "deluxe rate" is for 2 persons only so only the suite would be suitable. I was sure I'd seen people saying they had stayed in the deluxe rooms with a child, can anyone shed any light on that? Will email them back in case there is some misunderstanding but curious to know if anyone has been there recently with one child in a room and which room type they were able to book.

I also asked if there would be any renovation work in June and was told there would be some renovations taking place in 2013 but commencement date not certain yet. Does anyone know anything more about renovations at the Griya?

Thanks in advance

Drouin, Australia
Level Contributor
554 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Griya Santrian

Hi Liss, we stayed in a deluxe room in October and there wouldn't have been much room to put in an extra bed.

Keep in mind, they do have family rooms available.

Sorry, no idea about renos. Great hotel though.

Edited: 3:08 pm, January 20, 2013
Gold Coast
Level Contributor
763 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Griya Santrian

Hi Lissyloo

I'm booked in for June and there's 3 of us in the one room. They told me I needed to stay in a Garden Wing room as the deluxe rooms are for two people only. Hope this helps.

:)

Perth
Level Contributor
73 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Griya Santrian

We have just returned from Griya and I was told the same - only two people permitted in the deluxe rooms. I did however see a cot in one of the rooms - maybe they just dont allow an additional single bed.

We stayed in a garden view room right at the back overlooking one of the pools and it comfortably fit a king sized bed and a single. The suites do look very nice and are larger again. Sorry not sure about the renos.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
94 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Griya Santrian

Thanks Knackstorm, Island and Nutmeg ... the reviews I read must have been for people staying with littlies in a cot then. Master 2 is still in a cot at the moment but not sure if that will still be the case in June so perhaps it will be a better idea if we go for a Suite so he can have a single bed and a bit of extra room to run around. Who knows how much he will grow in the next 5 months, might be a bit squeezey in a portacot for him by then!

Just wondering where did you find the best deal for the Griya, directly through hotel or online booking site?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
614 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Griya Santrian

If you are in Perth,we have always found the best deal for the Griya as a package with the travel agent,but that depends on the time of year,airline and agent. you might have to shop around,but they have told us,the sales .staff at the Griya that is,that you get a .good rate booking direct with the hotel,then you just have to find some bargain fares. Good luck.

Perth
Level Contributor
218 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Griya Santrian

We stayed in a garden room in October and they put a single in said when children under 12 one bed is free. We looked at deluxe rooms and they are newer, but beach wing is also good. Rooms are large.

I was told by front office booking directly online on website cheaper than say booking for next trip at reception when u are there. I'm back in 4 weeks ;)

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
763 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Griya Santrian

I booked direct with the hotel. They are very efficient and helpful.

:) Happy travels.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
8 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Griya Santrian

We have just arrived at Griya and had a Deluxe room booked. We got "upgraded" to a Suite, but the suites are right next to the construction- very noisy! (Construction is at the back of the middle pool- check the map of the resort on Griya website)

So we asked if a deluxe room was still avail and got moved closer to the beach which is much quieter.

So perhaps a garden room (right at the back) would be better with regards to noise and fitting in a bed. I would say be as close to the beach or as far back in the garden area as possible to avoid construction.

(By the way, staff were quite helpful in changing us out of the suite. It is a lovely hotel and I'm sure will be even lovelier with the improvements)

Enjoy :)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
14 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Griya Santrian

Building works going on in garden area but absolutely no problem. we stayed there twice early July and there was no noise and the staff very attentive. Currently well priced due to building works I think but well worth it.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
94 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Griya Santrian

Thanks Arcadian but we decided to switch to the Bali Hyatt so we could try it out before it closes for renovation and also to make use of the kids club for our toddler. We have had to postpone until Aug as my husband was not well when we were due to go in June. Will definitely have a walk through the Griya when we are there and see what we think for next time.