We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking a Villa so what are the procedures???

Valla Beach
Level Contributor
381 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Booking a Villa so what are the procedures???

We are booking a Villa in Sanur in June we have picked out a place but have been asked to photo copy both sides of our credit card with a signed form & then scanned to them. Is this the norm of booking ???

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
256 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Booking a Villa so what are the procedures???

Hi Downunder 43,

I was looking at I assume might be the same villa Sanur) as you, 50% + 10% using their promo code. I was not happy with the copy of the card either. Happy to pay deposit but no way will I send them copies!

Suzi

Valla Beach
Level Contributor
381 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Booking a Villa so what are the procedures???

Hi Suzi,

I'm with you ,nobody asks for those details of your credit it does sound like the same Villa.

Cheers Downunder43

turkey
Level Contributor
335 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Booking a Villa so what are the procedures???

we have booked two places for our trip both asked for 50% payment by credit card. Both places asked for copies of the cardholders passport, and sent an authorisation letter for us to fill out and send back and they also wanted the signature side of the card copied. Apparently it's the bank that requires this not the villa/hotel and that it is common pratice for distance payments Anyhoo, we did what was required 5 months ago and nothing untoward has happened. It saved a heap of hassle doing and paying for bank transfers

Valla Beach
Level Contributor
381 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Booking a Villa so what are the procedures???

Its all good they have excepted just the signed form that they sent us. So thankyou everybody for your help much appreciated.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Booking a Villa so what are the procedures???

Take care we have just been ripped off by Indohaven to the tune of $3600 au. I suggest using an Australian bookng agent. and not paying amount in full.And never giving cc details,

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Booking a Villa so what are the procedures???

We booked and paid for our villa in Seminyak on the Indohaven website.The money was paid thru paypal in two instalments .Web site looks o,k worldwide even, however as time drew near we waited for confirmation that our pick up from airport on the 10/1/13 was as planned and discovered that the owners had never recieviced our booking or money and Indohaven had gone underground.Dont be fooled like us and pay only minimal deposit as even with paypal your not safe. We are out of pocket $ 3600.I suggest using an Australian booking agent as we have done in the past.

Valla Beach
Level Contributor
381 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Booking a Villa so what are the procedures???

Hi Raelz, thanks for that info, you guys must of been devastated a lot of money to lose . Thanks again.

18. Re: Booking a Villa so what are the procedures???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, January 18, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Sanur
Recent Conversations