We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are there any restaurants in Sanur that don't use MSG?

Perth
Level Contributor
55 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Are there any restaurants in Sanur that don't use MSG?

We have only two more nights here and so far every meal has been laced with MSG. We ate at Warung Little Bird last night which had the least amount to date. I've read that Fortune Cookie advertises no msg, but latest reviews put me off. We are here to eat local food so won't cave in to pizza or Italian. Any suggestions?

Adelaide S.A.
Level Contributor
933 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are there any restaurants in Sanur that don't use MSG?

Good luck..last year I took my daughter to the doctor at the Hyatt Hotel because she was suffering a upset stomach. The Doctor said it was due to the large amounts of MSG that they use in Indonesia ( in cooking)..that we are not use to .

Edited: 5:22 am, December 27, 2012
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
591 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are there any restaurants in Sanur that don't use MSG?

We ate at the Fortune Cookie last Feb for my Birthday, food was good no MSG,would recommend, will eat there again this Feb. Give it a go, enjoy your last 2 days in Sanur. Not sure about Mona Lisa but we have good food there as well.

Sanur Bali
Level Contributor
2,462 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are there any restaurants in Sanur that don't use MSG?

I deal with numerous tourists and as such get first hand restaurant reports every day from at least 20 people.

This means I get about 7,000 restaurant reports every year.

The food at Fortune Cookie is very good.

Have a look at the labels of the condiments on the table in a restaurant. You will be surprised at how many contain MSG.

Perth
Level Contributor
55 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are there any restaurants in Sanur that don't use MSG?

Thanks for replies. MSg is in everything it's just the degree. We ate a lovely meal at Three Monkeys last night. More expensive than most in Sanur but lovely. I find that the best reviews do tend to go to those restaurants that load in the most MSG so good to get opinions about where its left out.

5. Re: Are there any restaurants in Sanur that don't use MSG?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, December 31, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Sanur