We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clothing alterations in Sanur?

Brisbane
Level Contributor
75 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Clothing alterations in Sanur?

I have recently lost some weight (yay!) and thought I might get some of my favourite clothes altered when I am in Sanur next week. It's so expensive here in Brisbane!

I'd also really like to get some work shirts made.

Can anyone recommend someone in Sanur or elsewhere who does alterations and could make some work shirts (plain three quarter sleeves) for me? What would be an approximate cost?

And is there somewhere in Sanur where I could buy shirt fabric (cotton etc - in Cambodia I was able to buy fabric in a piece that was already sized for a shirt).

Any suggestions gratefully accepted. We leave tonight for a much needed holiday.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
14,194 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Clothing alterations in Sanur?

Mina- Bumi Ayu laneway. Has been doing work for us for over 10 years. She's done alterations, made a ball dress and recreated clothes that we've taken to her perfectly. She is also very reasonably priced.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
75 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Clothing alterations in Sanur?

Thanks freogal. Can you please tell me where she is located in context of Griya Santrian? Many thanks.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
14,194 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Clothing alterations in Sanur?

Bumi Ayu laneway is between the Griya and Besakih, on the other side of the road. She is located at the end on your right. There's usually someone out the front sewing. If I'm getting something ' normal ' made I usually buy the material here at somewhere like Spotlight but if I want some really special material I get it at Alta Moda in Denpasar.

4. Re: Clothing alterations in Sanur?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, November 30, 2013