We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Restaurant in Sanuar for 50th Birthday Party

Which Sanur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Best Restaurant in Sanuar for 50th Birthday Party

Planning my big 50 birthday next March in Sanur with 20 friends. Have reviewed the top 15 restaurants in Sanur and my short list is:-

Three Monkeys, The Village, Char Ming and Mona Lisa.

I am looking for a Restaurant with great food, service, location, ambience, live music, (separate dining area if possible) to make day most memorable. Planning on a luncheon at this stage that can continue into the night along a restaurant/bar on the beach!!

I have friends travelling to Sanur on Monday for two weeks and they will check out all suggestions so I can start planning.

All input would be greatly appreciated.

england
Level Contributor
62 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Restaurant in Sanuar for 50th Birthday Party

Charming was'nt open lunch times when we've been there, perfect for night time though not on the beach, 3 monkeys also good.Tandjung sari hotel on the beach do special nights worth having a look. Have a good birthday

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
240 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Restaurant in Sanuar for 50th Birthday Party

Charming would be my pick. I;ve eaten there at lunch but it may not be open for lunch every day, You cpuld always email them if the website does give enough info

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Restaurant in Sanuar for 50th Birthday Party

Yes Charming isn't open for lunch everyday. We held my DIL's hens dinner there last year and there was 25 of us. The meals were all served together and the dishes were placed in front of each person without anyone having to ask who was having what. The service is excellent.

Mona Lisa would be almost full with your group as it's only a small restaurant.

I would also consider Massimo's and even Arena Pub on the By Pass.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
558 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Restaurant in Sanuar for 50th Birthday Party

Another to have a look at is Sky Blue on Jl Kesuma Sari, only fairly new, owned by an Australian with European Chef,

.Has an upstairs area that can be used for private functions. Advertises in the Sanur Weekly.

Head barman is Nyoman(Michael) who was at the Gazebo for many years.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Restaurant in Sanuar for 50th Birthday Party

Oh yeah I had forgotten about Sky Blue. I second that one.

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
89 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Restaurant in Sanuar for 50th Birthday Party

Massimo's can't bring dishes together for a table of 3 so forget that suggestion.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
587 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Restaurant in Sanuar for 50th Birthday Party

The Village out side the Griya has nice feel for special occasions.

8. Re: Best Restaurant in Sanuar for 50th Birthday Party

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 am, December 15, 2013