We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kite Boarding

Down Under
Level Contributor
708 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Kite Boarding

Hiya

I am looking for some information please on Kite Boarding. My hubby is just learning at this stage but would like to include this activity on our holiday, I believe that Sanur inbali is one of the best places to do this sport. Can somebody tell me...

1)Are there places to hire the gear?

2) Where is the best beach for this as we will need to get accommodation close enough?

3)Can someone suggest accommodation at a reasonable price for a family of four (prefer 2 bedroom villa or room or inter-connecting). 2 adults and kids aged 11 and 9.

4)Last time we were in Sanur we stayed at the Bumi Ayu, I remember this being on the opposite side of the road to the beach, is this correct? We loved the Bumi but would prefer something closer to the kite boarding action.

Thank you

bali
Level Contributor
35 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kite Boarding

hello there...

for your 1st and 2nd answer, probably the best place is at Merthasari beach, Sanur or Batubolong Beach, Canggu.

Theres 2company that rent any gear for Kite Surfing.

Those are :

Nomads Surfer, they had a Kite SUrf Shop at Sanur as well

http://www.nomadsurfers.com

and the other one is Bali Kite Surfing

http://www.bali-kitesurfing.org/

Reards

Sanur Bali
Level Contributor
2,593 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kite Boarding

Mertasari Beach is in the southern area of Sanur. In addition to the two companies mentioned above, you could check things out yourself.

Go to the Sanur Beach Hotel. Wander through the hotel until you get to the beach. Turn right (south west) and wander along the paved walkway.

You will find what you are looking for. Local kite surfing champions such as Froggy have stalls set up and are wiling to help you. Froggy is at his place most mornings from 7.30 AM.

Down Under
Level Contributor
708 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kite Boarding

Thank you very much, will check out accommodation at Sanur Beach Hotel. cheers and thankyou for the contacts, much appreciated :))

bali
Level Contributor
21 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kite Boarding

Hello there,

for your information. Kitesurfing season is from May to September with the best months being June-July-August.

All infos are in the web site www.bali-kitesurfing.org as they wrote to you earlier, you can email them for more pinpoint informations. They also have suggest accommodation in the Kite zone. The best area for kitesurfing is the southern part of Sanur near Mertasari Temple that is been renamed Kite Beach.

There are 4 schools within 1 km where you can rent equipment:

Bali Kitesurfing School, Matahari Kitesurfing School, Bagus kitesurfing School and Rip Curl School.

There is also a shop (the only one in Indonesia) name "Kite & Surf Bali - The Pro Shop" is in Jalan Cemara just pass the Puri Santrian. They don't rent but if you need any equipment you can find there.

Hope this can help.

5. Re: Kite Boarding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 am, December 15, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Sanur
Recent Conversations