We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sanur night markets

Buderim, Australia
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Topic
Sanur night markets

Hi, Just wondering if someone can tell me what time the night markets are open in Sanur?

Are they open every night?

What sort of things do they sell there?

Thanks in advance.

Sunny Coast...
Level Contributor
153 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sanur night markets

Hi Hippy, the night markets open up around 5pm every night and is a great place to experience the local food at a very cheap price. Other stalls are there also, though we only go there for the food.

2. Re: Sanur night markets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 9:19 pm, September 22, 2012
Buderim, Australia
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sanur night markets

Thanks for your reply Shanee. Can you please tell me what time the market closes and what other stalls are there?

:)

Tasmania, Australia
Level Contributor
278 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sanur night markets

travelfish.org/blogs/…

Last time I went I was told everyone had just stopped cooking and it was around 8pm. So go around 6-6:30pm.

Buderim, Australia
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sanur night markets

Thanks for that :)

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
14,194 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sanur night markets

I was there last week and the stalls that sold things other than food were packing up about 9pm. There was food still being cooked then but I'm not sure what time they close or if they're open every night. In the mornings they sell fresh meat, fruit and vegetables there.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sanur night markets

Could someone tell me exactly where these market are located - and the best way to explain to a taxi driver where to take us? Thanks

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
14,194 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sanur night markets

They're called the Sindhu markets and are on the main road in Sanur. Fairly central, perhaps a little bit to the north. Not sure what you're expecting but they are pretty small. I think it's worth checking them out to try the food and see how they're cooking it.

Edited: 4:45 am, September 23, 2012
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sanur night markets

Thanks - it's exactly what we are after - one night where we can go out and try some cheap and cheerful local food.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
5,033 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sanur night markets

Hi

These are directions that got off of a recent post.

Using the Griya Driveway as a start point.

For evening meals, Or for the the real deal, go to the night market and eat with the locals. So cheap and super delicious. It's about 10 mins walk. Again, cross the street from the Gryia's Driveway and head right - past Yulia's Homestay 1, keep on past the bend in the road. You'll come to a small intersection with a gateway. All the locals will be heading in and out on scooters so it's hard to miss. Lots of stalls selling nasi campur, babi kecap, sate and other Indonesian favourites.

Cheers Mac