We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mercure Sanur Resort

Keukenhof
Level Contributor
114 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Mercure Sanur Resort

Am interested in all information about this hotel and neighbourhood and eating around and beach, and so on.

Thanks in advance,

Otto

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mercure Sanur Resort

Hi,

Sorry, I haven't stayed at this hotel, but here're some links to eating in Sanur:

tripadvisor.com/…1114928

I don't normally stay in Sanur, but I do feel that the touts there are more agressive than in Kuta. You need to be firmere with them than in Kuta...and this is already when I speak to them in Bahasa!

Mentioned in this post
Kuta
Kuta
Kuta District, Indonesia
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mercure Sanur Resort

Hi,

We stayed at the Mercure Resort Sanur in March last year and are going back in July this year.

We found it very good.

The room we had was just as good as any other I have stayed in. The grounds are beautiful and the beach is right there. Just walk out of the restaurant and you are on the beach.

The facilities were great. The hotel food was very nice and for a resort not badly priced.

If you are able to join an Accor club where you are, the savings are really great on accomodation, food and drinks at this resort.

As for the touts - we didn't see any!!!!!!!!!!!

The hotel is in a more residential area than the others, I think. This makes it very quiet and relaxed. There is a very good restaurant in the resort and another good one right across the road from the lobby. There are always drivers waiting at the front gate so it's very easy to get to other parts of Sanur (and the rest of the island).

The hotel staff even did a Balinese dance night while we were there.

The resort has everything you could want, internet access, business centre, water activities and tours, spa, a childrens club to keep the kids occupied while you relax.

The staff are all really friendly (like all Balinese) and are all very eager to please you.

I would highly recommend this resort, especially if you want quiet and peaceful.

If you need a good driver try www.balisbestdriver.com.

If I can be of any further help just ask.

Mentioned in this post
Mercure Resort Sanur
Mercure Resort Sanur
2,468 Reviews
Sanur, Indonesia
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
3,599 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mercure Sanur Resort

Whinnie, I'm still looking at places in Sanur, and Mercure is shortlisted. When you say the room is as good as any other, are you comparing it to other places in Bali, or other hotel rooms worldwide? Personally, I like the idea of something uniquely Bali, rather than something that looks like a typical North American hotel room.

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mercure Sanur Resort

The bungalows are 3 storey with 6 units in each (the ones we stayed in anyway). THe roof was thatched and curved over the whole bungalow almost to the ground.THey do have other family type rooms elsewhere on the resort. All rooms seemed to have a balcony or (as we were on the ground floor) a patio.

THe room we had was decorated with timber and all other natural fibres (eg rattan bedhead, unusual timber cushions????, lamps etc. From memory it was a timber floor.

As far as the layout and facilities, they were like any other hotel room around the world. The room wasn't small and there was heaps of storage space (for all our purchases). The bed was large and very comfortable. The bathroom was a good size and very clean and the shower waslarge. No bath. The air-conditioning worked extemely well (essential). My only complaint was that the room was a bit dark.

If you email me on gwhinnett@optushome.com.au I've got a couple of photos I can send.

The photos at www.accorhotels.com are exactly as I remember the rooms and resort to look. Our bungalow was a different and more unusual shape than that on the web site, though.

All the public areas (reception and restaurant) are open sided, as well. Very open with just a floor and roof and very balinese in style.

When we travel we only sleep in our hotel rooms so we tend to go for comfort not excessive price. We were very happy with the Mercure Sanur. I'm sure there are more luxurious places (at a higher price) but we found, for the price, this resort to be excellent. I'd say 4 star rating.

Melbourne
9 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Mercure Sanur Resort

Hi, Otto

We've just returned from Bali yesterday. We had booked six nights at the Mercure in Sanur and left after four. We chose the hotel for its internet facilities, its cottage-type configuration, as well as the kids club.

Although the resort is clean, comfortable and very stylish after its renovations, we felt that certain areas let it down. The deluxe room offered extra space; however, lack of a bath tub was a disappointment. The aircon was particularly noisy in our room, We were too close to the restaurant, and our outdoor area had two wooden blocks to sit on (more like tables) that weren't at all suited to sitting back with a good book or enjoying the pretty garden. I had thought about asking for more comfortable seating, but by then we were considering an early departure, anyway. Certain areas of the hotel near our room were downright tatty as well.

That being said, the food is good and reasonably priced, the buffet breakfasts are excellent, and the staff friendly (but then they are at most places you go to). There are also numerous restaurants not far away, plus places to have laundry done that are way cheaper than the hotel.

However, the main disappointments lay in the pools, the beach area and the kids club, which our daughter flatly refused to go to (I can't say I blame her - when we went to check it out, there were no kids at all, plus three men sitting about, who took no interest whatsoever in us). The two pools were too small for the size of the resort, and were badly in need of replacement - tired and tatty. The dark blue tiles attracted the heat, and swimming in them was a little like taking a warm bath in chlorinated water. We ended up using the pools at the hotel next door.

The beach at the Mercure end of Sanur is not good for swimming - very shallow, lots of seaweed and coral. But it's peaceful, the beachside massages are heavenly, the touts are few, and you can swing in a hammock and relax on the beach.

I haven't stayed in Sanur for years. However, if we were to stay there again, we'd most likely consider nearby Puri Santrian, or the Hyatt (if we could afford it) for the gorgeous gardens.

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Puri Santrian
Puri Santrian
2,423 Reviews
Sanur, Indonesia
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
3,599 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mercure Sanur Resort

Thanks Whinnie and GHfriend.

Whinnie, I may be emailing you in the next couple of days about those photos. I generally feel the same way about hotels, they're just there for sleeping. But this is part of a 6 week adventure, so we'll need a day or 2 of just sitting by the pool.

GHfriend, the Puri Santrian was another place on our list. But you don't give the beach at the Mecure good reviews, and you say that the PS is nearby. So would the beach at PS be better or about the same?

Mentioned in this post
Puri Santrian
Puri Santrian
2,423 Reviews
Sanur, Indonesia
Melbourne
9 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Mercure Sanur Resort

The beach at the PS would be about the same - it's only about 500 metres away from the Mercure.

Are you only interested in staying in Sanur? I prefer the Tuban area, myself. It's walking distance to Kuta but a lot quieter; there are plenty of restaurants and shops around, and the beach is better suited to swimming, as the surf breaks on the reef quite a distance from the shore.

I've stayed at the Ramada Bintang and the Dynasty there, both of which are okay, but too large and hotel-like for my tastes. Next time around, we'll probably try the Santika Beach, which lies somewhere between the two. It's right on the beach, and has a more intimate feel to it than the RB and the Dynasty. Their gardens are lovely, plus you can stay in cottage-style accommodation. I haven't checked out the rooms properly, but I have peeked in, and their cottages look very nice indeed.

And if money's not a problem, take a look at the Sandi Phala...

Mentioned in this post
Kuta
Kuta
Kuta District, Indonesia
Keukenhof
Level Contributor
114 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Mercure Sanur Resort

Dear forum-writers,

For sofar, thanks very much.

As we will stay in Mercure Resort for 6 nights what is advice for which is best kind of room?

The one with balcony or on groundfloor with patio ? Is patio-place large enough to walk around, sitting-area for two ?

Thank you for more info.

Otto

Mentioned in this post
Mercure Resort Sanur
Mercure Resort Sanur
2,468 Reviews
Sanur, Indonesia
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mercure Sanur Resort

They all looked to be about the same size. Ours had a small table and 2 chairs.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mercure Sanur Resort

Apologies for short reply.

Although we were on the ground floor, our front entrance and patio were very private as it was screened by shrubbery. In fact our area was probably larger as we had a private piece of lawn as well.

We did not feel we could be spied upon at all. We were in the first bungalow from the reception area. Very close to the bar and reception but not to far from the restaurant, pools and beach. And extremely quiet as well. In fact, most quiet of any hotel we have ever stayed in anywhere in the world.