We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bonsai Cafe and the new Donald's Restaurant

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
74 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Bonsai Cafe and the new Donald's Restaurant

I would like to know a couple of things, I hear a rumour that Bonsai Cafe and the Sari sanur Resort are set to close does anyone know anything about this?

My next question is that Donald's is building a new restaurant opposite the Trophy Bar and does anyone know whether this has opened yet?

Forster, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Bonsai Cafe and the new Donald's Restaurant

Yes it is open. Similar menu. It is upstairs with a good view over the road.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
614 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Bonsai Cafe and the new Donald's Restaurant

Just back from Sanur, Bonsai closed but all furniture, bonsais still there. It is fenced off, as is the front carpark access to the Picadilly, Sunrise and other shops. However, they are still open for business,but unfortunately the Bonsai is not. We were told by a number of Sanur locals that the contractor that bought the Bonsai has run off with all the money,and so furture development is now on hold. Dont know if this is a rumor or fact,but its a shame that so many business are affected by the fencing off of the carpark. You can still walk thru fro m the street to the beach,theres just no refreshments to be had at the Bonsai at the end of the walk!

Paris, France
1 post
Save Reply
13. Re: Bonsai Cafe and the new Donald's Restaurant

Hello everyone , could anyone provide me with the phone number of the "new" Donald's Restaurant please ? I am interested in a painting I saw there recently . Thanks :)

Sunny Coast...
Level Contributor
153 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Bonsai Cafe and the new Donald's Restaurant

Thanks Bugsbunney for your update. Im glad that it's still possible to walk through there as that was the most convenient way for us to get to the beach from our accommodation. I hope we can still get through in November when we go back.

15. Re: Bonsai Cafe and the new Donald's Restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 am, August 22, 2013