We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First timer to you sanur/bali

Which Sanur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
london
Level Contributor
454 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
First timer to you sanur/bali

Hi Trip advisors

will be travelling to bali in january for the first time with my wife (mid 40's), will be staying in sanur for 5 nights, looking for some ideas for, tours, itinearies or things to do, where to eat etc? although would like to avoid the too touristy things although I accept you are always are tourist in a foreign land. I appreciate we will only be there for a short period thats why I would like to gather info to choose wisely

Thanks

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
611 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: First timer to you sanur/bali

Hi Dina

Where we stayed is nearer to the north end of Sanur. Right on the beach from Segara Village there are massage ladies and water sports people. My husband and daughters have used the services of "Ronnie" at the Segara Ayu Water sports and is happy to recommend Ronnie as a fair and good quality service provider. Depending on where you stay you will find water sport people all along the beach front. The reputable people wear blue polo shirts with water sports label and a # on the breast. They have a fair system of work to share the customers amongst the workers so it is recommended to speak to them ahead of time and book with one you like in advance. Again Ronnie comes highly recommended as we have used him a number of times. Water sports available include parasailing, snorkeling, jet ski, glass bottom boats, banana boats and other extended tours. Of couse with the reef so close, you can also swim out from the beach for snorkeling too.

The restaraunt scen is very good with numerous choices along the beach from the Gria Santrian north to Segara Village. Beyond that the choices are a bit slimmer on the beach. However, along the street, Jalan Tamblingan, there are plenty of shops and a wide variety of restaurants. Most restaurants are good with our favorites at the north end include, Made's, Cinnamon,The Village,Ratatoullie etc. We found the best on the beachfront - Benno's, Bonsai, Tootsie's, and many of the hotels have good food, service and reasonable prices too.

Enjoy!

BB

Sulphur Springs...
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: First timer to you sanur/bali

thanks so much, sounds great!!

London
Level Contributor
79 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: First timer to you sanur/bali

We went to Bali in September, first booked a villa, then changed our mind and we stayed in Puri Sanding. Great location, close to everything, clean. I had a nice garden room, recently refurbished and my friend a room next to reception.

We met there a bunch of absolutely lovely Australians, almost hotel's residents. They gave us -Europeans and first timers- a lot of invaluable advices. I think of them warmly till today.

Surfers Paradise...
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: First timer to you sanur/bali

If you enjoy spa treatments in a clean attractive environment then you can’t go past Ayu Spa Jl. Pantai Sindu No 17 Tel: 361 286 099 in the Sindhu beach markets area . It is situated on the beach behind the Luhtu’s Coffee Shop. Prices are very good body massage 80,000rp; Foot Massage 80,000rp; Facial 70 – 80,000rp, Massage and Scrub 160,000rp ; Hair Spa 80,000rp.

Enjoy!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
5,026 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: First timer to you sanur/bali

As much as they apreciate your input.

The op has gone & returned 9 months ago.

Posted 13 months ago.

Cheers Mac

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
314 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: First timer to you sanur/bali

Never mind that they have been and gone - I am sure that there are other obsessive planners out there stalking the forum like me. No information is wasted and all info is appreciated.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
5,026 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: First timer to you sanur/bali

Some information is wasted.

I'm sure that obsessive planners would apreciate up to date info.

Some of the Bars etc aren't even there anymore

Mac

28. Re: First timer to you sanur/bali

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, December 13, 2013