We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dr Retno Agung - Dentist Sanur

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
143 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Dr Retno Agung - Dentist Sanur

Arranged appointment with Dr Retno Agung about 2 months prior to our visit here. I have 3 fillings I need to complete and my partner needed a checkup and clean. He got a clean bill of health tooth wise had the clean and is going to have the whiteneing. Price for check up and clean 420,000 rp. whitening 3.5 mil rp. I had the first tooth filled without pain relief [and there was no pain] 700.000 rp. I would have paid $280 in Oz. She was very professional and thorough. More work for me next week so will update this after it is complete. Just thought this might be of interest to anyone that might want some dental work done while in Bali. cheers

91 replies to this topic
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
51. Re: Dr Retno Agung - Dentist Sanur

Hi there,

I have just been to the Retno Agung Dental Clinic during December to have a crown, composite filling, X-ray, scale & clean. I was attended to by Dr Retno's associate Drg Nyoman Sukert and cannot commend her enough. She is a professional, skilled and gentle practitioner whom I trusted to uphold the reputation of Dr Retno. I was not disappointed.

Dr Retno's son Gungski is now running the business with his father and thankfully people like myself can continue to receive quality treatment at a fraction of the cost in Australia. I am happy for anyone to contact me for elaboration if needed.

Regards, P

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
52. Re: Dr Retno Agung - Dentist Sanur

I went to the dentist at the galleria called 911. I am extremely happy, have made another appointment to fix more teeth

Sydney, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
53. Re: Dr Retno Agung - Dentist Sanur

Hi, Pat

Very happy to read your positive review of Dr Agung's replacement at her dental surgery. I've been deliberating for the past couple of months whether to go there to have some major dental work done, and am heartened by your positive experience.

Thanks very much for agreeing to be contacted. Very much appreciated.

Apologies if this comes across the wrong way, but I wanted to ask if you found it easy to communicate with the surgery to be able to get questions answered in regard to your dental work done, and if so, if there is a specific person available I can ask to speak to in this regard. Reason I ask is because I telephoned the surgery a couple of weeks ago and although the woman who answered the phone was very friendly, her English skills were very basic, and I didn't feel confident that I was being understood in regard to my requirements, which made me a bit nervous. Since then I have obtained digital xrays of my back and front teeth, and thought I could send these to the surgery for assessment of the work needs to be done. In your opinion, would this be a good idea ? Were you able to easily communicate your requirements to anyone else in the surgery ? Dr Agung's son, Gungski? Dr Sukert ? Any feedback / advice you could offer me would be greatly appreciated. Based on my trawling though the Bali forums, it seems that Dr Agung is the only dentist who has been universally praised by everyone who's been to her surgery. As you'd know, the price of dental work is exorbitant in Australia, and I'm urgently seeking a more affordable quality alternative. Thanks again for sharing your experience with Dr Agung's replacement and I look forward to hearing from you. Regards, SASHA D

Edited: 9:05 pm, February 03, 2013
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
54. Re: Dr Retno Agung - Dentist Sanur

hought I'd post this as it might be of interest to others....

Hi SASHA D,

Hi SASHA D

Thought I'd post my reply as it might be of interest to others...

I communicated with Gungski (the son) vis Facebook. His communication skills are excellent and he responds to messages fairly promptly. I had on going communication with him prior to my visit.

Dr Sukarto's English skills are equally good but you won't be able to talk with her until you meet with her and discuss your needs. (She's busy doing everyone's teeth.)

Be prepared also for a fairly inconspicuous clinic...but once inside its small, clean and well equipped.

Don't hessitate to ask me more if you need.

Cheers, patricia

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
148 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
55. Re: Dr Retno Agung - Dentist Sanur

thanks Pat i will look up via Facebook

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
56. Re: Dr Retno Agung - Dentist Sanur

I have just returned from Bali for which I specifically went for dental treatment at Retno Wulan Agung Dental Clinic in Sanur. I did a lot of research before leaving Australia even though this was my 4th time to bali, I had never had any dental work done and basically narrowed it down to this clinic and 911. Everything I read about this clinic was positive. What made my mind up was that 911 had been reported to be advising and treating patients for work they discovered they in fact did not need and charging them accordingly and a few other negative posts. I had been in contact with Gungde (Retno Agungs son) via email and facebook on many occasions and all my questions were answered promptly after he had consulted with Dr Nyoman. All costs were advised upfront for what I needed and there were no unexpected extras. The outside of the clinic is dark tinted so you can't see in but this is because of the heat and traffic as it is located on the main bypass road. Once you enter you will be greeted warmly by the receptionist and advised when the dentist is ready to see you. Dr Nyoman is lovely and her english is perfect, you will have no translation issues. I attended the clinic on three seperate occasions during my stay. Dr Nyoman worked with two assistants, everything was clean and my safe. My well being was always top priority by both Dr Nyoman and her assistants. I felt no pain on any of my visits and even had injections on two occasions which I didn't even really feel. I had a clean and scale, whitening, one composite filling, two composite veneers removed and two replacement porcelain veneers. I also had two temporary veneers applied for the week in which the porcelain ones were made. In Sydney I was quoted $4300 and at Retno Agung it cost me Rp 13,000,000 which is about $1300 Aus - a saving of $3000 - so why not have a holiday as well. There was never any pressure to have additional work done, I was even quoted the cost to have new composite veneers fitted if I wanted which is cheaper than porcelain. I am extremely happy with the standard of work. I am going to Bali with family in May and will be recommending to all of them to get a check up there or work done if they need it - I will definately go back. Please note that the clinic does not accept credit card or eftpos, they only accept payment in Indonesian Rupiah. - Lucky I asked first as I would have turned up with my credit card. If anyone would like to contact me regarding this post or my experience feel free to do so.

Melbourne, Australia
4 posts
Save Reply
57. Re: Dr Retno Agung - Dentist Sanur

Hi do you have Contact details for Dr Retno Agung - my emails to her either bounce back or are not replied to ?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
58. Re: Dr Retno Agung - Dentist Sanur

Hi there,

I usually communicate through her son Gungde via Facebook.

The alternative is via email .........retnoagung@gmail.com

Gungde is a very well spoken ambassador for the clinic and will reply within a day or two.

I am currently negotiating a treatment plan and these have been my chosen avenues of communication.

Hope this helps.

bali
Level Contributor
21 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
59. Re: Dr Retno Agung - Dentist Sanur

For your information Clinic is just been renovated and now looks very nice!

There are 2 Dentist working there and I found Doctor Wulan Fantastic...

Bye Jankie

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
60. Re: Dr Retno Agung - Dentist Sanur

I'll be returning for round 2 of my dental plan and am looking forward to seeing those renovations...

Reply to: Dr Retno Agung - Dentist Sanur
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted