We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First overseas trip with kids

Adelaide, Australia
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
First overseas trip with kids

Hi, my husband and I are planning on taking our children (9 and 11) on their first overseas trip to Bali in July. Have read so so much and cant decide on best place - we are thinking the Bali Hyatt at Sanur ..

Would love any comments at all!!

Thanks so much

Anna

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,663 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First overseas trip with kids

Hi Anna and welcome to the Bali Forum.

Information overload makes it really confusing sometimes. There are plenty of hotels to choose from in Bali, I always first choose my resort, then the hotel.

Sanur is a nice family resort - golden beach, calm lagoon offshore, plenty of relaxed family-friendly cafes and restaurants. There are a small handful of bars, which means that it isn't mad or too busy on a night time. Bali Hyatt occupies a large footprint in the centre of the resort, and is a good option.

Ultimately, it depends on what your criteria is for hotel and resort, but sounds like a good choice to me.

Perth
Level Contributor
339 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First overseas trip with kids

Hi Anna

Taking my kids (9 & 13) to Bali for the 3rd time in April. We are also staying at the Bali Hyatt for the second part of our holiday.

I stayed there a number of times, many years ago BK (before kids) and loved it. According to the reviews on TA it is still a wonderful hotel.

I think your kids will love it. Lets face it, all they need is a pool and a few other kids around and they are pretty happy.

If this is your first trip to Bali, I think the Bali Hyatt is a great place to ease you into the Bali way of life.

Have fun!

Sparky

Perth
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
Level Contributor
7,653 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First overseas trip with kids

The Hyatt is a very popular hotel for families in Sanur, if it falls within your budget then I say just go for it.

Don't get confused trying to decide.

Adelaide, Australia
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: First overseas trip with kids

Thanks for the great comments - Sure is easy to get 'overload' with all the info out there!!

Having said that, I think I've confused myself further!! - Am now tossing up between Hyatt Sanur and the Westin, Nusa Dua ... Any thoughts..anyone???

perth
Level Contributor
300 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First overseas trip with kids

the first time we took our children to Bali we stayed in Sanur for the first week and then moved to Legian. Sanur is a great 'gentle' introduction to Bali for children - not as many people or as much traffic and the pace of life is easier for them. I also much prefer Sanur to Nusa Dua - but everyone has their own thoughts.

Mooloolaba...
Level Contributor
802 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: First overseas trip with kids

We took our two kids overseas to Bali for the first time in 2005 and stayed at the Bali Hyatt in Sanur ... they absolutely loved it, we all had a ball, they loved the pool and snorkelling out the front in the shallows. They especially loved the huge buffet breakfasts at the Wantilan cafe ( we always talk about those ).

We just returned from having Christmas /New Year in Bali 2010/2011 while we were there we took them back over to Sanur to "visit" the Hyatt and Sanur, they had so many fond memories when we walked through the grounds.. it was like coming home.They are 18 and 19 now, and still say it was the best holiday ever.

7. Re: First overseas trip with kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:31 am, January 23, 2012