We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bali Perfumes?

Which Sanur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver
Level Contributor
3,722 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Bali Perfumes?

Are there unusual perfumes in Bali that you can't get anywhere else? I love finding fantastic scents in different parts of the world. Where might I find some great Balinese perfumes, if there are any? and if not any Balinese perfumes, are the prices of regular perfumes that are commonly sold around the world cheaper in Bali or about the same price as in Canada or the US?

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bali Perfumes?

You can buy really lovely body oils, lotions and body scrubs with the smells of spas, flowers and other things Bali.

I would not bother with perfume there. They don't manufacture and the prices are no cheaper. Also some places keep them too long and this combined with the heat makes the odour sickly. DON'T buy cheap it is probably fake and quite quite revolting.

Get some incense, candles and burning oils also.

Darwin
Level Contributor
342 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bali Perfumes?

On my last trip a friend bought several bottles of "name" perfumes, Tommy, CK etc. They all had the same horrible alcohol smell. Lesson learned there! But the oils, lotions etc can be lovely. I would stick to them.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bali Perfumes?

My favourite perfume was just as expensive in the department stores as it was duty free at home in June. But I did manage to buy it duty free as we left Bali, in the airport, $30 cheaper than anywhere else.

4. Re: Bali Perfumes?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:05 am, January 18, 2011