We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fuller Figure Clothes Please?

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
74 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Fuller Figure Clothes Please?

Can anyone recommend any shops/markets in Bali, particularly Sanur, that cater to the larger woman? Also my teenage daughters want swimsuits/bikinis - are these readily available (in regular sizes)?

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,727 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fuller Figure Clothes Please?

Here's a link;

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g294226-c109431/Bali:…

As for swimsuits, they are available, but make sure you bring a pair of your own, as you may not find what you are looking on the first day or outing.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
14,006 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fuller Figure Clothes Please?

there is a nice range of teenage swimwear at a shop called blue glue in sanur. they are in JL Tamblingan. just ask where hardys supermarket is (everyone knows this place) and blueglue is across the street. they also have a web site so you can see their range. Also down the southern end of sanur close to the cat & fiddle restaurant is a surf shop that has some suitable styles. a taxi will get you to either of these places for a couple of dollars or perhaps your hotel is in walking distance of either one.

try sindhu beach markets in sanur for larger sizes. this is on the beach front close to bonsai cafe. there are also numerous shops along the main street of jl tamblingan and hardys has clothing upstairs above the supermarket.

perth
Destination Expert
for Denpasar, Bali
Level Contributor
3,682 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fuller Figure Clothes Please?

Hi

Not in Sanur, but have a look at www.lotustraders.net I have driven past their store in Seminyak/Kerobokan many times wishing I could stop and look!

The web site explains what they sell and their sizing which I think goes to 5L

I do not know what that means, but they advertise for misses - plus sizes and men and accessories.

Hope this helps

wendy

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fuller Figure Clothes Please?

There is also a small Animale outlet in Sanur, just north of Hardy's on the same side of the road.

Also a great little boutique called "Ibeza" I think (or similar) always nice stuff in this shop suitable for fuller and more mature ladies but still very classy. It's on Tamblingan on the same side of the street as Hardy's but further north.

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
74 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fuller Figure Clothes Please?

Thanks everyone - I've got lots of great shops to check out :)

6. Re: Fuller Figure Clothes Please?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 11, 2011