We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to shop in Sanur and the best sites for booking hotels

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
281 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Where to shop in Sanur and the best sites for booking hotels

I've just jagged a great deal on airfares this week with Jetstar . Just over $400 total cost for my eldest daughter and I return to Bali. As a result have extra money to spend on accomodation and am thinking of the Hyatt in Sanur. I'm not familiar with this area and would like advise on shopping (quality - this time).

Also does anyone have suggestions on the best sites for booking the hotel - ie is it best to book direct with the hotel?

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,982 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to shop in Sanur and the best sites for booking hotels

As with all of Bali, shopping is pretty darn good everywhere and the quality will be obvious in the various shops and accordingly, it will have a higher price on it. You will find all the little boutiques that you may be used to in other areas. You are not more then a 20 minute cab ride away from some of the bigger department stores, if you are keen to go to them or another area.

Have a look at the agents for your hotel that you find on the internet and also try direct with the hotel Often as not these days., the hotel will come up with the better price. Basically shop around and if you find a good price with an agent ie someone like Agoda for instance, but want reassurance that you are going with someone secure, come back and ask what others have to say about that company.

Best wishes.

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
19,209 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to shop in Sanur and the best sites for booking hotels

There are some little boutique shops in Sanur on Jl Danau Tamblingan, and there's also Hardys Department Store which is fixed price. The latter is maybe not necessarily quality as I think you mean. For quality shopping you need to head to Bali Galleria or Discovery Mall.

Use Wego.com for your hotel booking, this searches multiple hotel and hotel booking sites (including Agoda). Also look at Asiarooms and Expedia.

Pearl Beach...
Level Contributor
331 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to shop in Sanur and the best sites for booking hotels

Hardy's is the department store in Sanur and, while it has mainly Indonesia -style clothes etc, they do have discount perfumed soaps, coffee and spice gift sets. The little shops in the Hardy's complex contain an Optician, massage salons, a book store and small stalls selling sunglasses, perfume, bags etc etc. Oppositie Hardy's are a couple of jewellery shops and some boutique clothing shops (Inti is the best).

Further south from the Hyatt is Nita leather shop (on the Hyatt side of the road) which has a good range of sandals, bags and leather coats. The best deal here is that you can get your favourite bag or sandals copied in a matter of days and they will make adjustments if you are not happy. Put in your order as soon as you get to Sanur,

Further north along Jl Danau Tamblingan are some boutiques: Ibisa, Animale, and a number of other small ones here and there. There is also a lovely jewellery shop in this area owned by an Australian with beautiful and unusual stock.

Sanur, while a lovely place to stay does not contain the range and quantity of boutiques that you would find in somewhere like Seminyak which is only a 25 minute taxi ride from Sanur.

Sanur's restaurants are good and much cheaper than the Kuta area.

Cardigan, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to shop in Sanur and the best sites for booking hotels

Can you give me an idea of the price I can expect to pay for a good quality handbag, dress, are the prices cheaper than the U.K

5. Re: Where to shop in Sanur and the best sites for booking hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:47 am, November 04, 2010