We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach in Sanur child friendly?

roobush
5 posts
Save Topic
Beach in Sanur child friendly?

Hi

What's the beach like in Sanur?

Is it child friendly?

Lots of hawkers?

thanks in advance

roobush

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,533 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach in Sanur child friendly?

Yes it is. The beach is protected by an outer reef and so the waters are always relatively calm. There are some hawkers, but I've never found them to be a real issue. There's also a great path that runs the length of the beach in Sanur and is great walking, bike riding etc.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,975 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach in Sanur child friendly?

this is one of the best beach areas for families. it is best for swimming at high tide. there are hermit crabs and shells and often at night fireworks. the beach front hotels are onley a few steps from the water. the beach path is safe so no dodging busy traffic. as for hawkers they are everywhere but it is more relaxed in sanur. some hotels have hawker free on the beach frontage.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach in Sanur child friendly?

A good indication for me of the hawkers was my oldest son's reaction to them last year on his first visit to Bali.

He had not traveled to Bali with us before then as he has traveled to places like Mexico as a boy and again in his late teens and hated it. He was assuming Bali would be the same.

On his first full day we walked the length of the beach path and about half way along he came up to his father and I with a grin on his face and said "These hawkers are so friendly, when you tell them no, they just want to chat wth you. They say hello just to be friendly. We are definitely coming back to Bali again.

Well they have been back and are now getting married there next year.

Just be polite and firm and you won't have a problem with the hawkers.

Eindhoven, The...
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach in Sanur child friendly?

Hi,

Last summer we went to Bali again after ten years (in the meantime we got kids, and it is a long trip from Holland). We started in Sanur, and after arrival in our villa, we took our bikes, and cycled along the path near the beach.

Sometimes the wheel of our bike went off the path, in the sand, and immediately young boys came to us, to help us and to warn us to be careful (our youngest daughter was sitting on the backseat of the bike). I felt immediately so happy on this first afternoon, I was back in Bali again.

Friendly people! In any other country maybe you get concerned when people come after you when you are biking, here it is.....so relaxed!!!

Have a nice trip,

Kind regards,

Sylvia

5. Re: Beach in Sanur child friendly?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, August 25, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Sanur
Recent Conversations