We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

arrival and departure tax in bali

Which Sanur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
263 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
arrival and departure tax in bali

hi there,

could you please tell me how much this is, and do they like it in their own currency, british pounds or american or aussie dollars?do they take it all at once in arrivals or do you have to go through it when you leave as well?do we fill in a visa card on arrival too, or is this issued usually on the flight ready to hand over on arrivals(this is usually the case for brits going to mexico and cuba etc)we are flying malysia airlines if this helps

cheers,

jacdav xx

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: arrival and departure tax in bali

You should be issued your immigration and customs forms on the plane as per normal.

For the arrival and departure taxes please go to the top right hand corner of the Bali Borum Page and see the Top Questions about Bali box. There is heaps of info here that you will find useful.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,889 posts
316 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: arrival and departure tax in bali

we have a section called "top questions on bali" you will find your answer here.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294226-i7220-k335…

it is also helpful to read through some of the other information we have listed especially if you are a first timer. take a look at the right hand side of the bali forum home page

enjoy your trip.

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,314 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: arrival and departure tax in bali

There's no arrival tax, but you'll need to pay for a Visa on Arrival, cost $25USD per person. Take US dollars with you to pay for this. When you arrive you buy the VOA voucher first from the VOA counter, then head to the immigration queue with passport and voucher where they'll put a visa in your passport and stamp it.

Departure tax is 150000Rp per person, payable in Rupiah only on departure after you've checked in for your return flight.

It's all covered in the Top Questions about Bali on the top right of the forum page as Snooky mentions.

Edited: 7:14 am, February 09, 2010
Preston,Lancs
Level Contributor
110 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: arrival and departure tax in bali

I've just recieved our itenary from the travel agents and it says the VoA charge is only applicable for stays of 30 days or over,yet your FAQ say up to 30 days....can anyone clear this up for us please?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: arrival and departure tax in bali

You will definitely have to pay the $25 USD for ANY length of stay up to 30 days. If you stay longer than 30 days you have to organise your visa before you arrive or organise an extension when you are there (at an extra cost).

The only exceptions to this rule are passport holders from certain countries. If yours is a British passport, you will have to pay for the VOA.

For some reason, Travel Agents just cannot get their heads around the VOA and are always giving out wrong information regarding it.

Perth
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
Level Contributor
7,599 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: arrival and departure tax in bali

It's also a good idea to pop the 150 000 dep tax each person in your passport the first few days of being there when changing money for the first few times.

That way you won't forget it and you won't be left with no rupiah to pay it.

Perth
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: arrival and departure tax in bali

Travelex have advised me today that the departure tax is now 200,000 rupiah

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: arrival and departure tax in bali

We haven't heard that this is the case and I can't find anything in the local Indonesian or Bali news about it.

There was a rumour a few months back that they were considering increasing it.

Perth
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
Level Contributor
7,599 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: arrival and departure tax in bali

are you kidding ?? I might play ignorant and if I haven't got the rest what can they do.....

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
2,353 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: arrival and departure tax in bali

What they can do is send you back into the airport to change more money/use an ATM. And if you miss your flight, that's your fault and you'd better not have overstayed your visa as well! Like any country, If you want to play games with Imigrasi you will probably not come out on top.