We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

two mums in sanur - child free!! help!

australia
Level Contributor
366 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
two mums in sanur - child free!! help!

we are looking for a decent hotel for two mums running away. I normally stay in seminyak, but have stayed in sanur recently at the puri ayu - but this time

wanting more upmarket. tropical style pool. any suggestions???

thanks

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: two mums in sanur - child free!! help!

What about the Segara Village it gets heaps of good reviews?

australia
Level Contributor
366 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: two mums in sanur - child free!! help!

thanks for that. did have a look at segara - I hear some rooms have been refurbished. I hear you are preparing for a bali wedding - u should set up site to share tips. good luck!

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,561 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: two mums in sanur - child free!! help!

Segara Village has had a complete renovation recently and has had some excellent comments recently on the forum. Other upmarket options would be the Hyatt (also a good reputation here on the forum), or the Griya/Puri Santrians. All beach front, all with nice pools. You'll need to get up early though to bag a sunbed at the Puri Santrian.

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,105 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: two mums in sanur - child free!! help!

Or Parigata Villas - lovely small complex with your own private plunge pool/courtyard and also a central pool with rock pools and waterfalls - on the southern side of the Hyatt and close to just about everything - we loved our stay there a couple of years back.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: two mums in sanur - child free!! help!

Just be a bit careful about the Griya Santrian not though, as there the number of bad reviews for old and grotty rooms is increasing, I no longer like to recommend it.

australia
Level Contributor
366 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: two mums in sanur - child free!! help!

thanks for your help. going to look into segara village. thanks

Oxford
Level Contributor
6 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: two mums in sanur - child free!! help!

Have stayed in the Alila in Chandi dasa and that was great - though you might need a little more life if you are out on the town!! it is more for relaxing than anything else....I still have a long way to go before I can escape my brood : (

Have fun Ladies!!

australia
Level Contributor
366 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: two mums in sanur - child free!! help!

escape from the brood!!!!!! its good for you. thanks for the tip.

perth
Level Contributor
2,091 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: two mums in sanur - child free!! help!

I agree, escape the brood for a few nights and you will feel recharged and ready to give again. I did my first girls long weekend to Bali last year and left the kids with hubby. This year I'm escaping to Bali with Hubby and leaving the kids with friends!!

Don't worry they get their turn when we all go back as a family in September!

Segara village does look lovely! Have fun!!

australia
Level Contributor
366 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: two mums in sanur - child free!! help!

thanks andrea.

glad you leaving kids - I just think it should be a tax deductable expense for mums!!! I had a trip away to bali in nov with sisters- convinced a girlfriend to join me this time!!!

good luck!

Get answers to your questions about Sanur