We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Management for Puri Made Hotel, Sanur from Feb 1st.

Which Sanur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
95 reviews
Save Topic
New Management for Puri Made Hotel, Sanur from Feb 1st.

Just had an email from a friend in Sanur letting me know about an older style, traditional Balinese Hotel that is coming under new management as of the 1st February. It all sounds really exciting so I thought I would share what I have been told with you all. Here's hoping that the new management are successful in this endeavour.

From what I've been told the existing management haven't been too kind to this place but the new kids on the block have big plans to bring the old girl back to life and make it a relaxed, happy place to hang out in Sanur.

It' s called the Puri Made Hotel and from what I remember of the position, it's across the road from the Besikah Resort. So position wise, it's fantastic.

From what I've been told, it's got 15 rooms available at a rate of 350,000 per night including breakfast.

I have some photos if anyone is interested in staying here. The rooms look large and while old, they are clean and functional, as are the bathrooms. This place seems to have real potential and from what I'm told the new management will breathe some new life back into it by gradually upgrading the decor and facilities.

The existing restaurant is being renamed (The Duck's Nutz) and apparantly will offer oysters on the menu on a regular basis (not the norm in Sanur). They also have plans to make the restaurant a hang out for all to relax and enjoy and will offer things like a "drinker's platter" of cold cuts and nibbles to share while partaking in a bintang or 2 (also an unusual menu item in Bali).

At this stage, I don't have contact details that I can give to everyone as all these changes take place on Feb 1. But if anyone is interested in finding out more, PM me and I can put you in contact with someone who can answer all your questions. I will definitely be checking it out in May when I return to Bali and will let you all know what I think.

Perth Australia
Level Contributor
1,043 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
81. Re: New Management for Puri Made Hotel, Sanur from Feb 1st.

Cempaka I understand what your saying and I'm not knocking the new owners they said they had only been there 9 weeks. It will be interesting to see what they do with it, I was only giving my opinion on what I saw.

I agree with you whinnie if people can't keep places up to scratch why don't they let them go to someone who can.

Cheers Harro

82. Re: New Management for Puri Made Hotel, Sanur from Feb 1st.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, September 11, 2010