We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Sanur? Or on the outskirts?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay in Sanur? Or on the outskirts?

Hello

Would like some insights on Sanur.

Based on a budget of $100 per night - where is the best place to stay?

Tempted to stay just out of Sanur at Sanctuario Luxury Villas & Spa (www.sanctuario.com)has anyone been there or has heard much about it?

Thanks,

flowers_and_incense

Buckinghamshire...
Level Contributor
3,188 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Sanur? Or on the outskirts?

Hi

I stayed for one night (thankfully) in Stana Puri Gopa (written a review too and about $37 per night), didn't rate it as very dirty. But I was also disappointed with the surrounding area too. The beach was awful, very dirty, except near the Hyatt, were they obviously keep it clean. I was at Southern End of Sanur, so don't know what the Northern part is like.

I can say that there were plenty of nice shops and restaurants, but we were very diasppointed with our hotel mostly and the state of the beach so went to Nusa Dua instead.

p.s I think the Hyatt was about $120 per night when we enquired.

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
1,076 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Sanur? Or on the outskirts?

Hi flower_and_incense,

Is it A$ or US$? Are you looking at villas or hotels?

I assume your budget is in A$ and you can't get any villa with a private pool for the budget. Perhaps with a plunge pool?

The outskirt of Sanur is a highway, you don't want to stay there and to stay at the other side of the By Pass don't give you access to restaurant options, the beach as well as shops.

Hope it helps,

Sandra

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
14,019 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Sanur? Or on the outskirts?

sanur is a lovely place to stay. the beach is best at high tide. at low tide use the hotel pools. there is a good surf break further out for those who enjoy surfing. there are also watersports offered just south of the hyatt. it is really no good staying outside of sanur. you need a hotel located where you can wander to the beach, shops and restaurants. I have just returned from Bali this week. The hyatt is still one of the best places to stay but it is over your budget. I stayed there and also had a few nights at sativa cottages. I have some photos of it in my journal if you want to look. …me.com/rmgillard/…56.html (there are photos of the hyatt just after sativa cottages).

Sativa is NOT beach front and you do have to walk past some shops down JL kesumasari to get there. price is well under your budget. there are a good choice of restaurants a short walk from here. I also did a hotel review of Vila Shanti which I have not got posted on TA but it is good value for a beach front hotel. I have a lot of photos of inside rooms and outside in the gardens / pool / beach front if you want to see them send me a PM with your e mail address and i can send them to you. there are other hotels within your budget but if you can pay the extra go with the bali hyatt, griya santrian, puri santrian. ps don't expect a beach like the gold coast at sanur. It is a calm bay but very pretty to walk along and see the fishing boats etc.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
95 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in Sanur? Or on the outskirts?

We are staying at Sri Phala for just one night before going to Lembongan Island. You can find lots of places to stay for under $100 on wotif.com

On the search just make sure you put in Australian dollars.

Sanur Bali
Level Contributor
2,737 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay in Sanur? Or on the outskirts?

You will find that the Sanctuario is not really in Sanur at all. It is actually a long way from anything. Everytime you go somewhere you will have to use a taxi or arrange local transport. Just to get into Sanur will cost around 45,000 a trip. This means you can add $40 a day to your budget for the use of taxis.

Sanur is a beautiful place with some great beach areas.

Ignore the comments by bionicgrasshopper this is obviously someone who thinks that "natural" is concrete, bitumen, trimmed lawns and men in white jackets sweeping beaches.

victoria
Level Contributor
267 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay in Sanur? Or on the outskirts?

Go easy Cempaka.....the poor chap from the UK....he has probably only seen a white sandy beach in a glossy mag & has that ,as his only guide as to what he wants to feel under his feet !

And that been the case , he would of found Nusa Dua more than well suited ! LOL..........

Bali
Level Contributor
159 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay in Sanur? Or on the outskirts?

Bali Hyatt is the best place to stay in Sanur.

Bali Hyatt

Ocean View Room : USD 115/room/night incl b'fast (Maret)

Ocean View Room : USD 130/room/night incl b'fast (April - up)

Other option is Sanur Beach Hotel 5* Sanur Beach:

Valid for All market

-Superior room : USD 105/room/night included breakfast ( 1 Aug-15 Nov 2009)

-Deluxe garden view : USD 115/room/night included breakfast ( 1 Aug-15 nov 2009)

-Deluxe sea view : USD 130/room/night included breakfast ( 1 Aug-15 Nov 2009

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
22,000 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay in Sanur? Or on the outskirts?

Hi

Traveltom & I stayed at the Sativa Cottages in Sanur May. $58 AUD per night, including breakfast. The room was large, spotlessly clean and upstairs overlooking a very nice pool.

It's easy walking distance to all over in Sanur and plenty of places to catch a taxi or arrange a driver from up and down the road outside some of the bigger hotels. Lots of good restaurants close by.

We didn't book on the internet, but contacted the hotel direct, who quoted in USD. We asked them to quote in rupiah, which was easier to convert. Hope this helps a bit.

Travelkat

England
Level Contributor
274 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to stay in Sanur? Or on the outskirts?

Hi Babette

You should try the UK beaches, good surfing, white sands, wonderful coves, the only thing is of course the sunshine and no we don't get a great deal of that but when we do we make the most of it, if we did we wouldn't leave it.

Just another view on things and no offence taken.

Regards

Manch08

Buckinghamshire...
Level Contributor
3,188 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to stay in Sanur? Or on the outskirts?

I wish people like babette and cempaka would actually read someones message before slagging them off. I don't see thats its necessary to be rude about someone if you don't know them either.

If you read my post, you'll see that I said I stayed in the southern part of Sanur, where the beach was dirty with rubbish such as plastic etc. And as mentioned, near the Hyatt it was cleaner and nicer. I don't wish to enjoy a beach that people have just left their rubbish on and that doesn't class itself as a good beach imo.

As I mentioned to this was the only part I went to and couldn't comment about it further North.

I've seen plenty of nice beaches across the world and some of which where in Bali.

Finally, I'm not sure why you had to bring in my location of the UK as if you were trying to insult me or that I have no idea of what a good beach is?