We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mercure sanur or Puri santrian

Which Sanur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
australia
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Mercure sanur or Puri santrian

Just wondering if anyone had been to the Mercure Sanur and the Puri Santrian hotels and which one was the best and why - how were rooms and have heard the Puri pools are very cold , true or not ? Many thanks

sydney
Level Contributor
164 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mercure sanur or Puri santrian

Sorry, cannot comment on Puri Santrian but I have stayed at Mercure Sanur in June. Was originally planning to stay 5 days but we ended up checking out after 2 as the rooms were horrible, breakfast was most unappetising and the staff seemed to have a couldn't care less attitude.

The pools were rather warm, not refreshing and the beach not the best.

This is just my opinion, we did find a little gem of a guesthouse just 2 minutes away from Mercure called Gardenia Guesthouse. I asked to look at the rooms which seemed quite new & very clean and at the restaurant the food was absolutely beautiful, very fresh and staff lovely.

Wherever you stay, have a fantastic time!

Sanur Bali
Level Contributor
2,394 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mercure sanur or Puri santrian

Pool temperatures here vary depending on the time of year, location and depth.

In June the sun is over the northern hemisphere so the pools will not be as warm.

In March & September the sun is almost directly overhead so the pools tend to heat up a fair bit more.

Of course if a pool is surrounded by a three story hotel it will tend to be cool for the entire year.

The pools at the Puri are not surrounded by buildings so will generally undergo this seasonal change.

australia
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Mercure sanur or Puri santrian

thank you so much for your reply . what type of room did you stay in at the Mercure ? and what was it that you didnt like about it ? me , my husband and sister and brother in law are already booked there in September( delux room ) but they have over booked the hotel and are giving the Puri as one of the alternitives . We have been confirmed to stay but thought if we do have the option we may say to change anyway .

sydney
Level Contributor
164 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mercure sanur or Puri santrian

Suzy,

The room we booked was also "deluxe" but in my opinion was anything but that! The first room they gave us was very damp and moldy and there was no shower door/ curtain. When my husband had a shower the entire room flooded! I asked to be moved to another room which was exactly the same, only difference was there was actually a glass frame around the shower area. We found there was no atmosphere at this property, the hotel seemed to be entirely full of French/ german tourists who really kept to themselves and did not wish to engage in conversation when we tried to.

The location also seemed to be at the far end of Sanur and even though there is a shuttle bus, it was often full when we tried to get on when we were coming back to the hotel from Hardys. We then ended up having to get a taxi.

As i said in previous post re Gardenia guesthouse, that was a highlight to discover this place and also there is a little day spa just down from there which was alo quite good and reasonably priced compared to the spa at the Mercure, which was way overpriced.

Sanur wasn't really our cup of tea but I guess if we had been in a better located hotel with nicer room facilities, it may have been different!

Perth
Level Contributor
49 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mercure sanur or Puri santrian

Delva, We are staying at the Gardenia on Saturday for a week. Glad to hear you thought it was nice. Where is the day spa you mentioned (in realtion to the Gardenia)?????

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,169 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mercure sanur or Puri santrian

I've stayed in a bungalow in the Puri in October. The pools were just a nice temperature. However, I hated the battle for the sunbeds on a morning, people would get up at 5am and reserve the beachfront sunbeds or ones in a good sunny spot. By lunchtime there wasn't one single sunbed free. Also disliked the hard sell by the hotel staff to go to the weekly dance show and buffet. Room was nothing special, the bathroom was very shoddy actually with mould and cracked tiles and bath. The main bedroom was nice, and you had a bathrobe and slippers.

Excellent buffet breakfast.

sydney
Level Contributor
164 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mercure sanur or Puri santrian

Hi Auswi,

If you walk out of the Gardenia and turn right it is just a minute down the road on the right hand side, can't remember the name of the place but they do a sensational creambath for your hair!

I am going back to Bali in November and if we were staying in Sanur I would be staying at the Gardenia!

The breakfast there is the best, they give you little individual plungers for your coffee and the muesli is sensational!

we are going as a surprise for our sons 25th birthday, he will be there with a few friends at the time and has no idea his sister, Dad & I are going!

Looking forward to a wonderful birthday dinner at Kori!

Have a wonderful time at Gardenia, please do a JBR when you get back!

Preston, United...
Destination Expert
for Preston
Level Contributor
420 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mercure sanur or Puri santrian

We have just come back from the Puri, and I would agree with the comments on the pools being 'cool' but certainly not 'freezing'. If I was to recommend this hotel it would be based on the following;

1) Upgrade to the Club rooms, the pool area and general ambiance is excellent, and the battle for the beds is not a problem to be honest. Rooms are fantastic.

2)location, I felt that our hotel was really well located, with the far end of Sanur reachable by; 1 hour walk along gorgeous seafront, or bemo/taxi (10 mins).

3)The Mercure looks lovely from the outside, can't say anything about the interior.

4) Beautiful grounds of the Puri.

Any questions looking for more detail on the Puri, I'll be happy to answer.

Bill

9. Re: Mercure sanur or Puri santrian

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, February 23, 2010