We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sativa or puri mesari

perth australia
Level Contributor
66 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
sativa or puri mesari

hi cant make my mind up where to stay of cause that depends if I can get in! any thoughts on these hotels I know the puri mesari is a bit of a walk but it looks ok for the price thanks for any help

Sanur Bali
Level Contributor
2,566 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sativa or puri mesari

Both of the places you mention are okay. The Puri Mesari is only a short walk from a nice section of the beach.

The nearest beach restaurant is the Kesuma which is very popular with seafood lovers. A search on TA will give you a number of positive posts about Kesuma restaurant. They have sun lounges on the beach at the front of the restaurant.

The pool at Puri Mesari is shallow and as such tends to be a bit warm. There are a number of good restaurants within a 10 minute walk of Puri Mesari.

Sativa is closer to shops and restaurants. It would be my second choice out of the two.

Of course, as mentioned a lot depends on which one has rooms available.

perth australia
Level Contributor
66 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sativa or puri mesari

thanks I do like the look of puri mesari so here's hoping I can get in !!

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
19,749 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sativa or puri mesari

Hi Keys

Traveltom & I have stayed at the Sativa a couple of times, always in an upstairs room which would be better, but a bit dearer. Always found it good, clean and friendly staff. The pool is really nice & all the rooms overlook it. The rooms are quite big and have plenty of light which we find somewhat different in Bali as a lot of the rooms in other places can be gloomy.

We booked by email direct and asked them to quote in Rupiah as they tend to want to quote in USD. It worked out at $58 Aust per night b&b for the 2 of us. Last time (May) we got the bill, scuttled up the road, changed our AUD into rupiah, came back and paid. For an 8 night stay we saved $127 by paying that way. Oh by the way, the Manager's name is Rudi, so if you're intersted you could address your email to him and tell him you've been recommended.

Travelkat

4. Re: sativa or puri mesari

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 25, 2010