We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ideas for a few days sightseeing please.

Which Sanur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Devon
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Ideas for a few days sightseeing please.

Hello all,

I have been reading through the posts here and am amazed at the great info so thought I'd take the opportunity to get some advice.

My partner and I will be visiting Bali for 7 nights in July on our honeymoon (can't wait). We will be coming from 3 nights in Hong Kong and will leave to spend 2 nights in Singapore.

As we will have had a rather hectic few days in Hong Kong we are looking for a mixture of gentle mooching about and relaxing by the pool in Sanur (staying at Puri Santrian) and getting out and about to really taste Bali.

I was just wondering if anyone could suggest a few 'days out' for us. We will look into hiring a driver for a few days, but just wanted an idea as to what sightseeing trips we could put together that are nice and gentle yet don't miss out too much!

We would really like to include the following:

Ubud

Barong and Kecak dances

Bali Museum

Tanah Lot

Perhaps a visit to Nusa Lembongan

Bali Bird Park

Elephant Park

We would really like to get a feel for the culture of Bali. If anyone has any suggestions on how to plan say 2 or 3 days out I'd be really grateful Also suggestions for good places to eat near any of the above would be great.

Many thanks.

australia
Level Contributor
547 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ideas for a few days sightseeing please.

In my opinion a day trip to Ubud is a must - see the markets, MOnkey forest, and heaps of top restaurants everywhere. Tanah lot at sunset is really nice so that could be a afternoon/evening trip. Stop at SEminyak on way home for dinner - lots of nice restaurants there also. Elephant Safari and Marine Park which is up past Ubud is a great day out but you really need most of the day for that one. I don't know about the others as haven't done them. I am sure you could catch a dance one evening in Sanur - I know you can in Ubud but you would have to check that one out once there.

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3,068 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ideas for a few days sightseeing please.

go north to ubud on one day visiting the bird park. in ubud you may want to do any of the following:

ubud palace, puri saren agung

pura marajan agung – gate

pura desa ubud – temple for the community

pura taman saraswati – left of market right side – via café lotus – pond – dance

agung rai museum of art – dance and gamelan practice

pasar (market)ubud

Puppet shows

Dance show

Cooking class

175 000 adult 125 child

Spas

monkey forest sanctuary

Walks - see lonely Planet guide

Link to Ubud rice field walk april 2009:

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g297701-r303…

if you need another day trip i would suggest going up the east coast. here are some things to choose from:

Padangbai

Beach front of bay – swimming, snorkel far reef

Blue lagoon - snorkeling – 10 minute walk north

Bias tugul – white sand beach – 20 minute walk south –swimming

Bicycle hire

Local Market

Pura silayukti - on north point – mossie repellent needed to walk to tip of point – walks to smaller shrines with views

Link to padangbai

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g294226-d1…

Padangbai

Beach front of bay – swimming, snorkel far reef

Surf – right - south on other side of harbour wall

Blue lagoon - snorkeling – 10 minute walk north

Bias tugul – white sand beach – 20 minute walk south –swimming

Black sand beach – continue walking past bias ugul turnoff for ½ hour and arrive at village – stroll along beach, great views of nusa penida, fishing boats early morning returning.

Bicycle hire

Local Market

Pura silayukti - on north point – mossie repellent needed to walk to tip of point – walks to smaller shrines with views

Diving tours

Boats to nusa penida, gilis, lombok mainland

Link to padangbai

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g294226-d1…

Candidasa

Puri candi dasa, lagoon

Pura gomang, east on hill,

snorkel off shore islands and in an behind breakwater

Pasir putih

Balian beach

Amalpura

Markets

Puri agung karangasem

Puri gede

Tengagan – aga village

Ujung

puri taman ujung, water palace

road views east towards amed

Tirtagangga - water palace

Link to outline of tirta gangga (2008)

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g312684-d1…

Goa lawah bat cave

Devon
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Ideas for a few days sightseeing please.

Hi All,

Just a quick note to say thank you to those of you who took the time to help me with my trip planning. I will follow your advice and report back in a few weeks!

Thanks again!

Devonmaid

4. Re: Ideas for a few days sightseeing please.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 23, 2009