We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can anyone recommend a beachfront hotel at Sanur

Which Sanur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
South Australia
Level Contributor
347 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Can anyone recommend a beachfront hotel at Sanur

We are couple in our mid fifties (but young at heart) looking for suitable modoratly priced beachfront hotel in the Sanur area. Looking for good pool area possibly with swim up bar.

australia
Level Contributor
310 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can anyone recommend a beachfront hotel at Sanur

We are staying at the Besakih, lots of great reviews on here and the pool ends where the beach starts. From all reports it is in a perfect spot in Sanur with restaurants shopping and beach all at the doorsetp.

We are a couple in our 40s traveling for the first time without the kids. It was very reasonably priced.

There is lots of info on the forum about the beachfront places in Sanur, I searched the forum before we decided.

wikimapia.org/…2 This map is amazing and helped me make the decision.

I am sure more info will be posted as there are a lot of beach front properties at Sanur.

Griya Santrain is another property lots of people recommend, its next door to the Besakih.

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,216 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can anyone recommend a beachfront hotel at Sanur

As mentioned, of the small hotels in Sanur, Besakih probably has the nicest pool - the pool overlooks the beach. Griya and Puri Santrians both have nice pools, although at the Puri you have the battle of the sunbeds on a morning. Gazebo hotel has a nice pool, but the hotel is a little "worn" around the edges if you don't mind that. La Taverna has a small and deep pool, great for cooling off, but has a lovely stretch of beach which is cleaned and patrolled all the time. Rooms there can be a little basic though, but nice enough.

Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
Level Contributor
3,147 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can anyone recommend a beachfront hotel at Sanur

Hi,

I've stayed at Griya Santrian & really enjoyed my stay there. There's a review on my profile page if you want to take a look.

Ursie

Perth
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Can anyone recommend a beachfront hotel at Sanur

We also a couple in our late forties mid fifties (and also young at heart) Last year we stayed at the Segara Village and found it to be great. They were doing rennovations at the time which are now finished. There is 2 pools one right next to the beachfront and one further back which is cooler. there is also a seperate pool bar up higher. There's also a great little reggae bar just down the beach. We're staying again this year.

brisbane au
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can anyone recommend a beachfront hotel at Sanur

Dear John,

We are a couple who are now in our mid sixties. We have regularly over the last 20 visited Bali staying at a few hotels but always go back to the Sanur Beach Hotel. We have grown with the extensions always going for the newer rooms.

I would recommend the Seaview rooms which overlook the newer and bigger pool with a swim up bar and the beach. The Hotel is at the bottom and quiter end of Sanur but still within walking distance of everything has to offer. Do not hesitate to eat any where but drink bottled water. I can put in touch with an excellent driver if you would like.

Laraine

west sussex
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can anyone recommend a beachfront hotel at Sanur

would highly recommend the GRIYA SANTRAIN also search out Mades Boat No/. 3 ,on the beach, for water sports & tour trips he will look after you.

The girls on the front give a goood masage Atimah & su,(sorted out my calf problem)

7. Re: Can anyone recommend a beachfront hotel at Sanur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:45 am, November 06, 2009