We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

anywhere to watch AFL in Sanur

Aust
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Topic
anywhere to watch AFL in Sanur

Hi there

Is there anywhere to watch the AFL whilst we are in Sanur. I know there are a few places in Kuta, but we are staying in Sanur, so would prefer somewhere there.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Sanur
Sanur
Denpasar, Indonesia
Kuta
Kuta
Kuta District, Indonesia
Avalon Beach...
Level Contributor
822 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: anywhere to watch AFL in Sanur

Try the Lazer Sports Bar across the road from the Besakih Hotel, Jl Danau Tamblingan 82, Phone (0361) 288807

Mentioned in this post
Besakih Beach Hotel
Besakih Beach Hotel
531 Reviews
Sanur, Indonesia
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: anywhere to watch AFL in Sanur

There is also a sports bar near the Bali Cricket Club, can't remember the name, sorry, maybe Cempaka can help with that.

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Darwin
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: anywhere to watch AFL in Sanur

Try Ana's Warung amost opposite the Gazebo just down from the Swastika. Usually lots of motorbikes (not scooters) parked out front. Stan (Ana's husband) usually has ABC2 on every weekend.

Mentioned in this post
Gazebo Beach Hotel
Gazebo Beach Hotel
249 Reviews
Sanur, Indonesia
Sanur Bali
Level Contributor
2,737 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: anywhere to watch AFL in Sanur

Forget Kuta. The best coverage of AFL football is in a bar in Sanur. The Bali Senia Hotel on Jalan Danau Poso in southern Sanur has the best sports coverage in Bali. The beer there is icy cold and only 13,000. Unlike the Kuta bars the price stays the same when sporting events are on.

Get down there and introduce yourself to the owner Pete Guru. In turn you will meet a gang of friendly expats. Neil Down, Handsome Robbie, Head, Tony Bomber, Raymond Short Time, FJ, Bald Ronnie, TK, Hanoi, Dave Kookaburra, Gail plus Billy The Carlton Tragic will all make you welcome.

As an example the following is this weeks viewing there.

This weeks sport at the Bali Senia. The only bar in Bali to show EVERY AFL game this round.

Wednesday

8.30pm Aussie Rules Footy Show

Thursday

6.30pm Geelong V Collingwood

8pm Australia V South Africa One Day Cricket

Friday

3pm Blues V Lions Super 14's

5.30pm Western Force V Hurricanes Super 14's

5.30pm Roosters V Broncos NRL

7.30pm Eeels V Dragons NRL

Saturday

12noon St Kilda V West Coast

1.30pm Highlanders V Reds Super 14's

3.30pm Brumbies V Stormers Super 14's

5pm Carlton V Essendon

5.30pm Sydney V Brisbane Lions

6.30pm Waratahs V Bulls Super 14's

Sunday

11.30pm Pt Adelaide V Melbourne

12noon Nth Melbourne V Hawthorn

2pm Sea Eagles V Tigers NRL

3.30pm Fremantle V Adelaide

Monday

12noon Bulldogs V Richmond

Mentioned in this post
Kuta
Kuta
Kuta District, Indonesia
Sanur
Sanur
Denpasar, Indonesia
Bali Senia Hotel
Bali Senia Hotel
35 Reviews
Sanur, Indonesia
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Hanoi
Hanoi
Vietnam
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: anywhere to watch AFL in Sanur

Ok Cempaka, just tell us, are you on that list of fun loving misfits and reprobates that you named. You don't have to say which one you are, just tell us if you are included. LOL

Aust
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: anywhere to watch AFL in Sanur

Thanks so much Cempaka for your info. Will certainly go to the Bali Senia Hotel and hopefully the crows will be showing om May 10 when we are there.

Thanks again

Mentioned in this post
Bali Senia Hotel
Bali Senia Hotel
35 Reviews
Sanur, Indonesia
Sanur Bali
Level Contributor
2,737 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: anywhere to watch AFL in Sanur

Whinnie,

News has reached me via the village drums that you have already viewed the syncronised swimming video on You Tube. Armed with that information I reckon you can figure out your own answer.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: anywhere to watch AFL in Sanur

Ahhhh, after putting a bit more thought into the question, and forcing myself to recall that video you mentioned (that was an effort I have to tell you lol) I have figured out which one is you. The subject is now closed and I won't divulge your secret to anyone. Cross my heart and hope to die......

9. Re: anywhere to watch AFL in Sanur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 pm, October 23, 2009