We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of Bemo Ride?

Avalon Beach...
Level Contributor
822 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Cost of Bemo Ride?

Does anyone know the current price of a Bemo ride? Last year we found that the price depended on the mood of the driver, we were paying anything from 1,500rp to 5,000rp for the same trip.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,975 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cost of Bemo Ride?

do you mean a bemo ride along Jl Tamblingan in sanur? if so it varies. 1000rp is the minimum per person. depending on the distance it goes up to 3,000 to 4,000 for a ride the full length of the street. the street is divided into sections. in denpasar the bemo drivers try to get ridiculous prices as there is less tourist trade here and they simply 'name' a price which then involves some bargaining skills. last trip they asked us for 50,000rp for a 2 minute journey. they soon bought their price down when i told them i knew what the correct price should be at 2,000rp per person.

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3,078 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cost of Bemo Ride?

i dont expect to get the local price but the last one i caught in ubud went for 1/2 hour and was 5 000 rups for me and my daughter. i was happy with that as it was so hot and getting hotter and we had been walking along ricefiels, villages, etc for the last 4 hours. i did notice that all the local people pass their fares over to the driver in a closed hand fashion so i didn't se what they paid.

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
997 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cost of Bemo Ride?

I think I paid less than 8000 rupiah for a cab from one end of Sanur to the other. Bemo should be around 2000.

Avalon Beach...
Level Contributor
822 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cost of Bemo Ride?

Am here now and the cost from Sari Sanur Resort/La Taverna to Hardy's Supermarket seems to be a standard rp5,000. Caught a bemo from Sari Sanur to Massimo's restaurant the other night and it cost rp10,000.

5. Re: Cost of Bemo Ride?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:45 am, October 19, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Sanur
Recent Conversations