We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Garden Wing Griya Santrian

Which Sanur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
Level Contributor
249 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Garden Wing Griya Santrian

Hi :)

Has anyone stayed in the garden wing as I am tossing up between this and the beach wing and thought if the garden wing is nice then this may be ok rather then paying the extra price difference. Does anyone know if all these rooms have been re-done now as I was reading this was in the process last year?

Thanks, Caity.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Garden Wing Griya Santrian

BUmping this Dee so hopefully Noodles will see it.

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,321 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Garden Wing Griya Santrian

Finish your tossing.

Ursie stayed in a garden wing room last year I believe, and mentioned at the time that the garden wing rooms has been refurbished and were very nice. They're at the back of the hotel on the road side.

Not sure about the beach wing rooms, but I've read positive reviews about them (apart from a couple of people complaining about noise from the pool).

The newer rooms are the Deluxe rooms and the Suites.

Australia
Level Contributor
249 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Garden Wing Griya Santrian

Thanks guys, you have both been so helpful! The cheapest rates i can find are through hoteltravel.com, do you know of any feedback of this booking website?

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,321 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Garden Wing Griya Santrian

Found this thread from the Koh Samui Forums:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293918-i7560-k239…

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Garden Wing Griya Santrian

Have used this site, not for asia, but for both Europe and USA and haven't had a problem.

Just remember to take copies of your confirmation and price and verify a week or 2 before you go.

Australia
Level Contributor
249 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Garden Wing Griya Santrian

Thanks again to you both for making this nice and easy for me :)

Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
Level Contributor
3,167 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Garden Wing Griya Santrian

Hi Caity,

I stayed in a garden room last August. I'd emailed beforehand requesting one of the refurbished rooms but they told me they couldn't guarantee me one. However when I arrived I was pleasantly surprised, our room had been refurbished, it was very roomy, had a double & a single bed, I'd booked a twin.

There was a new pool in the garden wing which makes a total of 3 pools at the hotel.

I posted a review & lots of photos if you want to take a look on my profile page. Almost all the rooms had been refurbished by last August so I would imagine they've completed them by now. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again in a garden room!

Only negative comment I can think of is that there was a disco/club at the rear of the garden wing, I could hear the music if out on my patio late at night but couldn't hear it from inside the room. My room wasn't right at the rear of the garden wing, might be louder for those rooms.

Just give me a shout if you have any more questions, I'll be happy to help if I can.

Ursie

Australia
Level Contributor
249 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Garden Wing Griya Santrian

Thanks so much Ursie. Turns out the only rooms avaialble are the Garden Wing so this might be the way to go or we are looking at Sanur Beach Hotel, this also looks good and has good reviews. Thanks again, Caity :)

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Garden Wing Griya Santrian

I personally think the Griya has it all over the Sanur Beach. It's not very Balinese IMHO.

10. Re: Garden Wing Griya Santrian

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 am, August 11, 2009