We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puri Ayu

Darwin
5 posts
Save Topic
Puri Ayu

We have just book the Garden 2 Bedroom Apartment at Puri Ayu in Sanur, very excited as it looks nice on there web site, but there are no photo's of the bathrooms in the 2 bedroom Garden Apartment are they nice? If any one has photos of them it would be much appreciated :)

Also what is the brekky like?

Thank you for any help

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,935 posts
319 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Puri Ayu

hi i stayed at villa puri ayu in oct / nov but not in the garden apartments. maybe whinnie could help you with those. i stayed in diamond villa. the new accommodation looked very good and the garden apartments are tucked away in a more 'private' area. the breakfast was pretty much the 'usual' choice. ie bacon and eggs (anyway you liked them) fresh fruit or juice and tea or coffee. or you could have pancakes with fruit or juice + tea and coffee. all was fresh and adequate.

Sanur Bali
Level Contributor
2,462 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Puri Ayu

Joy,

Do not let breakfast influence your booking. If the breakfast at Puri Ayu is not enough just wander down to the beach which is about 40 metres away. Donalds, Bobbies and Cemara Beach Restaurants all do standard breakfasts for about 30,000 rupiah.

Go for a short stroll out to the road and try a breakfast at Trophy Pub or Cat & Fiddle. It is all very lovely.

The beaches are beautiful, the restaurants are great. The people are friendly. Sanur is a wonderful place. Come and enjoy it.

Unless you plan to spend your entire holiday inside the room, the bathrooms should be of little concern!

germany
Level Contributor
140 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Puri Ayu

hello,

don't worry. I stayed in Puri Ayu last October in one bedroom garden but managed to had a look at the 2 bedrooms. All just fine, the kitchen is good, the bedrooms also and the living room. The bathroom is also fine.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Puri Ayu

Hi Joy, we have now stayed in the 1 bedroom garden, the 2 bedroom garden and the diamond villa at Villa Puri Ayu.

The 2 bedroom garden villa is huge compared to most places I have seen. Each bedroom has it's own bathroom and they are both very large as well. There is a terrazzo bath with shower over in one of them (it actually used to be an outdoor bathroom but they have closed it in with glass bricks to give a little courtyard area for drying clothes etc), it is very light and airy with heaps of bench space. It has a sink and toilet as well.

The other bathroom has a huge shower, sink and toilet. The only complaint I had with this bathroom is that it didn't have a great deal of benchspace, but the bedrooms are both huge so it really didn't matter. There was a little bit of mould in the grout in the shower of this bathroom, but you are in the tropics, and we have never stayed anywhere in the tropics that hasn't had a least a tiny bit of grout mould (being from Darwin I'm sure you can appreciate this).

The living area is more than adequate with a lounge and dining area and large kitchen (fully equipped) not that we used anything but the glasses and the fridge.

You will have your own little private garden and a bale with table and chairs.

The braakfast is as Snooky said but if you are a later riser (say after 8.15am) you can also have nasi goring or mei goring. We have always found the breakfast quite adequate and it gets you through to Lunchtime. As it is included in the price, it's a bonus but as cempaka said if you get bored with it or need more just take a short stroll down the road in either direction and you will have heaps of choices for breakfast. We have never gotten bored with the breakfast there which actually surprised us on our first visit because we loved the variety of breakfast that we used to have by walking down the street prior to us finding Villa Puri Ayu.

If you need any further info just holler, I should be able to help.

Darwin
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Puri Ayu

thants great info every one thank you very much.

Whinnie Just one more? you said in the second bathroom it is just a shower and no bath, as I am disabled(stiff leg) do you think if I emailed the hotel they would set me and the kids(with the extra bed) up in the room that has that bathroom? And then my parents can have the other room.

Its just we will arrive at about 9.30 at night and prefer to have it all sorted before we get there

Cheers

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,935 posts
319 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Puri Ayu

joy e mail them and request the extra bed in the room you want since you are arriving late. . they are very helpful. when i stayed in the diamond villa they asked where i wanted 2 extra mattresses placed and were happy to put them where i wanted. i hope you enjoy your stay.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Puri Ayu

Exactly as Snooky says, joy, email them or even just wait until you arrive, someone will come with you to the villa and show you around. They will be only too happy to move the extra bedding for you then. The bathroom with only the shower will suit you perfectly as it is a simple walk in- walk out ( no screen or other impediments) and it is off the bedroom to your left as you walk through the front door of the actual apartment (as opposed to the front door of the garden).

Agung (the manageress) and all her staff are only too happy to help.

There is 2 or 3 steps on the path that leads to your apartment but they are well lit and not high.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,335 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Puri Ayu

I have booked the Villa Lumbung in May. I hope the reports on this Villa are just as nice. Any opinions appreciated

Thanks Deedee

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,335 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Puri Ayu

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Puri Ayu

Deedee that is the only one we haven't stayed in as is it always let out for long term guests whenever we are there.

It is situated right beside the larger resort pool and has it's own fenced garden and I believe a hot tub as well. From the outside and what I've seen through the front garden gates it looks like a thatched cottage. It's 2 storey and the thatch is done in the traditional style right down to the bottom. We've seen heaps of different people stay there, groups of young people, couples with young kids etc.

I assume it is like the rest of the resort....a little tired in places but everything is in working order and good value for money.

Get answers to your questions about Sanur