We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where in Sanur with young kids for 1 week?

top end of Australia
Level Contributor
48 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
where in Sanur with young kids for 1 week?

Hi. I can't decide! Have decided on Bali Dynasty in Kuta for 1 week so close to shops and good child friendly rooms and place according to others.

But then we want a week in Sanur.

Want accom preferably for about $100 AU/night, close walking distance to restaurnats and path by beach, close to beach, preferably where we are not all on top of each other in one room (ie divider or separate rooms).

Can ideas? Was thinking Segara Villas or Villa Puri Ayu. Sanur beach Villas look good but out of the way. Same for Sanur Paradise.

Thanks!

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,963 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where in Sanur with young kids for 1 week?

hi villa puri ayu 2 bedroom suites are good value. the sanur beach villas are a short walk to the beach unlike the paradise plaza suites where you need a shuttle bus.. there is also family suites at hotel taman palem or palm garden hotel as it is also called. stana puri gopa has family rooms. you could also look at the tamukami they have a family room.

germany
Level Contributor
140 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where in Sanur with young kids for 1 week?

hallo,

we (2 adults and a 3 years old boy) are here at the moment at Villa Puri Ayu.

It depends to what kind of room that you would like to have. I found the 2 bedroom garden apartment is nice with private garden. The kitchen is inside with a nice living room. Good value for money.

The new wing of Villa Puri Ayu (I thing it call Emerald) lays direct on the new pool. It is with modern architecture, but for me, you would have no privacy because all the front side is made of glass. So everybody can have a look, even your bedroom.

Donalds Restaurant on the beach about 100 m away has good food.

We will be here for a few days, will be happy to help you when we can.

top end of Australia
Level Contributor
48 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where in Sanur with young kids for 1 week?

Thank you for your informaiton.

Lady Mermaid, I am interested in your opinion for Villa Puri Ayu:

1) is it an easy walk to get to the beach?

2) are the pools good for your 3 yr old?

3) are shops very far away?

4) what are your thoughts on villa lumbung?

5) is there much to do except for the pool?

We were hoping to go to Ubud and perhaps other day trips from Sanur.

Thanks!

germany
Level Contributor
140 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where in Sanur with young kids for 1 week?

To answer your questions,

1. Yes it is an easy walk to the beach. Just turn left and walk about 80 meter through a small street with some shops and you will be there.

2. The main pool has a little pool for kids. my boy played already with some 2 years and 5 years old kid in it.

3. There are some shops outside, but to get real shopping you need to go to Sindhu area. Walk would probably to far, take a taxi, it is cheap anyway.

4. I haven*t seen this villa from inside. I have a look when it is possible. How many kids do you have? Villa Lumbung itself located near the main pool and direct where the cars parking. I think you would hear when the cars left or come.

5. No. There is no kids club or something like that. But I had a good time walking through the promenade, eating locals, let my kid play on the sand, flying kites....

hope it helps :)

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where in Sanur with young kids for 1 week?

I would also recommend Villa Puri Ayu.

But for another choice the Mercure Resort Sanur has family suites and a kids club. It's a bit further south, but a very easy 3 min walk to the shops and restaurants. The beach is also, in my opinion better at this resort than those a bit further north.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,760 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: where in Sanur with young kids for 1 week?

Hi we spent 7 nights last year in connecting rooms at The Besakih Beach Resort with our two kids and although the rooms were a bit tired we loved it. It is right on the beach in the middle of everything. It has the most beautiful pools and lush gardens, wonderful staff and it is small enough to be full of Bali charm. No kids club but the grounds have a lot of grassy areas and the beach out front is wide and safe, no kids pools but the main pool has a shallow kids area within it.

Cheers Deb.

germany
Level Contributor
140 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: where in Sanur with young kids for 1 week?

Hallo again,

I had a look at Villa Lumbung in Villa Puri Ayu and I wouldn't recommended it when you have small children. The stairs is pretty steep and there are some 'bumpy ways' from living room to the bedrooms... when you have toddlers, they could often lay on their nose :)

The bedrooms are reasonable though, and also the two bathrooms. The kitchen is pretty big.

hope it helps.

top end of Australia
Level Contributor
48 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: where in Sanur with young kids for 1 week?

thank you everyone for your messages. I'm still not sure! The emerald isn't available while i'm there.

Now thinking perhaps not lumbung after lady mermaid's comments.

are you all in one room at Bekahi.. and Mecure?

That's why villa's sound good so are separate from kids so can stay up and do things still while they are in bed.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,760 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: where in Sanur with young kids for 1 week?

you poor thing it's so much fun but sooo much stress finding the exact right place !!

I can only say we found the Besakih to be in the ideal position, it is absolute beach front, near all the best beach restaurants an easy walk to the beach markets etc. and lots of street shops on the main road.

Last trip we shared a room with our two kids in most places we stayed, Sanur was our last stop and after two weeks we wanted our own space, we had two separate rooms but they were connected by an internal door.

A bit over your budget but worth it for the two rooms and position.

Good luck.

top end of Australia
Level Contributor
48 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: where in Sanur with young kids for 1 week?

Bekasih and Mecure were unavailable.

Now, am booked at Peneeda as have 2 bedroom places there, looks good position, has kiddy pool. is cheaper. So hopefully will like that!!!

Thanks everyone for your help!