We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ellora Villas at Sanur

Which Sanur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
newcastle
Level Contributor
78 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Ellora Villas at Sanur

Hi,

Has anyone stayed or know anyone who has stayed at the Ellora Villas at Sanur. I think that these villas are fairly new.

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ellora Villas at Sanur

Hi.

Just returned from 10 nights in Bali; 8 in Sanur and 2 in Ubud. We stayed the last 5 at Ellora Villas which I found from digging around on the web, booked through BNRV, but I think booking direct will get you around the same rate. They told me they are not yet full for July and August so they may offer some discount.

We had a two bedroom villa and were thoroughly pleased with it all. Don't know if you have been to Sanur before; Ellora is up near the north end of Sanur in Sindhu district. It's on the non-beach side of Jl Danau Tamblingan, a short walk down a well paved and planted lane. But it's just a short walk to the beach going down the lane right opposite and through Bonsai cafe to the beach. Ellora's operators have another place called Ajanta, a short way up the road on the beach side and I think there may be a private access to the beach from there - also only a few minutes walk - but we didn't try this way through.

The staff were all really friendly and helpful. We had Villa A which has a boomerang shaped pool - long enough for a few strokes. Peeking into other villas, some had rectangular pools.

We were served breakfast each morning which was (in our case, partially) cooked on the stove in the villa and served to us at the dining table. The two staff waited while we ate and then cleared up once we were done. They were, as all nearly Balinese (except the officials!) seem to be, utterly charming and though it was a little strange at first to have them standing there, after the first day we were soon used to it. They tended to chat very quietly to themselves, so there was no sense of having to rush or feeling ill at ease.

The bedroooms and beds are large and comfortable with dressing areas and large bathrooms with bath and separate shower and an outside shower as well. A few mosquitos, but coils were provided.

There is still some building work going on, but we didn't find the noise intrusive and some days there seemed be nothing happening at all - I guess it takes a while to get a house built in Bali!

In all we loved the design and layout of the place and the privacy the villa gave us. And the service, including a line up of staff to wave us farewell when we left, really made for a special experience.

It's not high end, but neither are the prices and I think it was great value for money. I recommend it highly.

YJX
Singapore
Level Contributor
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ellora Villas at Sanur

Was there on a Honeymoon in early June, have to agree that it was a great experience.

I had Villa D which has a 5 x 3m pool.

The experience was great, similarly, breakfast was served in our villa, cooked at the kitchen.

I will try to post up some images @ the trip advisor hotel listing.

We enjoyed the privacy of the villa and the services of the staff. Although the internet was slow, and didn't use the free bike eventually.

3. Re: Ellora Villas at Sanur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 pm, September 29, 2009