We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parigata Villas??

koolewong
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Topic
Parigata Villas??

Has anyone stayed in these vilas. They are having a special for $90 in Sept which sounds like a good price - is it??? Do you think it would be any good for couple with toddlers or do you think one of the bigger hotels would be better? Does anyone know of their beach club and what this means?

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,975 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parigata Villas??

Hi

the parigata have accommodation in 3 different areas and they also have a conference centre in yet another area.

the 'parigata villas resort' is near the beach club. this is set up because the hotel is not "right on" the beach. the beach club is where guests from the different parigata accommodations can go and relax on sun loungers etc (it is staffed). if this is the villas you mean i was going to book one last year but trying to fit the dates in with my other accommodation etc prevented this. the pool is only a few steps from your room so i am not sure if you would feel this was safe for your young children as there is no fence between the pool and villa?? anyway as long as the doors were closed when you were not outside to supervise it would be fine! most of the outside area is taken up by the pool. i think the offer is good and if you are happy with the pool being so close to your room then it would be a nice accommodation choice.

sanur is a great choice when you have young children. there is also some other budget type family accommodation options.

the stana puri gopa have a family room. (ground floor)

the palm garden hotel have an ambassador suite (ground floor) which has 2 bedrooms and living room. it is the same layout as the family room which is located upstairs.

both of these hotels are good budget choices. the parigata villas is obviously a very good option but i have just mentioned the other two so you could compare.

personally i don't like anything other than ground floor when i take my young child as the balconies and railings are not safe and are not built with much safety in mind. the railings are often very low and not at all suitable.

koolewong
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Parigata Villas??

Thanks for your reply - you seem to be an expert on Sanur and the hyatt in particular so maybe you could give me some advice on this hotel. We haven't travelled with kids before o/s and before kids we stayed in my remote areas in asia in bungalows etc. but with children it seems it's better to stay where they'll be happy (ie: kids clubs, and pools etc). I like the sound of the Hyatt because of the gardens and the rooms look nice but some photos I saw on trip advisor show the garden looking dry and old. Is the garden still beautiful and do you get a sense of the garden from a ground floor room. Do you think the Hyatt is better than the Santrian Hotels as far as pool and grounds etc? I know I'm asking a lot - I'm becoming obsessed with this holiday as it's been such a long time since we've travelled.

Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
13,975 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parigata Villas??

hi the hyatt gardens are beautiful. they were designed by Made Wijaya. they are featured in books around the world. i love wandering around them. my daughter spends hours collecting the frangipani. i stay there every year we use the kids club for our daughter. they take kids 3 years +. each day they have activities. the hyatt allows 3 people in a room otherwise you need adjoining rooms which they offer a discount on. there are two main pools one with a small 'cave' and a pool with swim up bar. there is also a childrens pool. i always book the ground floor room here with our young daughter. like i mentioned the low balcony railings (most hotels) are not safe enough for us. i like the ground floor rooms as the outside patio is a good size has a fan, sofa, table and chairs and you can walk out into the gardens. i found this gave our daughter extra space to play. the walkway along the beach stretches for 7km and it is a good place to be with kids. no cars and lots of small warungs, hotel bars and restaurants and the La Mayeur museum

baliblog.com/travel-tips/the-le-mayeur-museu…

the beach front at the hotel is private and you don't get hassled by hawkers all day. your kids may enjoy the many crabs there.

i have not stayed at puri santrian but it is very nice, large pool, nice grounds etc. the hotel is a little further south from the hyatt.

both hotels have bemos going along the front of the hotel so you can get around easily and cheaply.

staying at the hyatt gives you the option of using the hotels free shuttle bus to the grand hyatt in nusa dua. your kids would enjoy the water slide here. a short walk from the hotel is a blow hole (great at high tide), mushroom rock and a temple.

koolewong
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Parigata Villas??

Thanks for your reply again - your advise is invaluable! I am still going crazy working out where to stay but your last post has made me decide that I definately want to be in Sanur. Now looking at more traditional cottage style accomodation in a smaller hotel I think (can't make up my mind). I think I need to go on a pre-holiday holiday to choose the hotel!!

Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
13,975 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parigata Villas??

check the stana puri gopa,

palm garden hotel and the besakih (bungalow not standard room) for starters. all inexpensive but worth checking!

6. Re: Parigata Villas??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 pm, September 24, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Sanur
Recent Conversations