We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puri Santrian experts

Which Sanur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NEW ZEALAND
Level Contributor
296 posts
131 reviews
Save Topic
Puri Santrian experts

Hi

First time to Bali.Lookig at staying a week at Puri Santrian and a week at Keraton Jimbaran in October.A few questions about both resorts and anything else you can tell me about the place.We are there to relax ,spend most days in the sea or pool.We do not venture out much.

What is the level of hotel security like ?

Are there any restrictions on the use of the pool late at night.

Do the rooms have Coffee making facility & safe ?Better rooms to get ? Normally go STD

Walking distance to good resteraunts outside resort for a couple of old timers.

Thank you for your advice

Regards

KIWIKEITH

nunya
Level Contributor
6,873 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Puri Santrian experts

bump

hopefully someone can answer you .

cheers

batt

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Puri Santrian experts

Hi Kiwi Keith,

I would also consider Puri's sister hotel the Griya - it is a lovely hotel and has just gone under major renovations of it's deluxe, beach wing and suite rooms (definitely suggest these type of rooms over run of house for either hotel - the standard run of house rooms are very tired and basic)

I make this suggestion because Griya is in a much better position on the beach and surrounded by excellent restaurants.. (there are a few good ones around Puri also though!)

My top favorite is just by the entrance of the Griya hotel - the Village - world class Italian food at very reasonable prices. The beach out side the hotel is lined with little seaside cafes...

It has been a while but I don't remember coffee makers - coffee/ tea is only about $1nzd a cup from the hotel restaurant any how! - from memory they didn't have in room safes a few years ago when I used to stay there (but this could have changed) but they have security boxes at the reception.

Hope this helps and let me know if you require any more info!

Darwin
Level Contributor
8 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Puri Santrian experts

Hi KiwiKeith

If you are really concerned about location and security consider the Hyatt Sanur. Its right in the middle of the Sanur strip (the Puri is wayyy down the end toward the Mercure), has tight security and safes in your room. We only paid $100 more for a week to stay here than a 3 star place and found it very worth it. Join Gold Passport beofre you go, though. (Free)

I'd question why you'd want to stay at Jimbaran bay but its none of my business. My two bob's is its okay for a sunset dinner - once.

I agree with the comments about the Griya and the Besakai next door is nice, too.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
206 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Puri Santrian experts

Hi Kiwikeith

We have just returned after 17 nights in Bali with 7 of those being in Sanur at the Puri Santrian. We were very happy with our Beach Wing room. We had both coffee making facilities and a safe in our room.

We had breakfast three times at the hotel and the rest outside along the beach. The pool is loveley but it does close early evening. Hotel security was good especially in from the road - all vehicles were checked.

There are restaurants outside the front of the hotel The Cat and the Fiddle our favourite. Out the back of the hotel turning right down the walking track are three very reasonably priced restaurants. We didn't really eat elsewhere as we were happy to stay close by and were with happy with what was there.

Hope this helps.

ljsroslyn

Southwold, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
595 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Puri Santrian experts

Hello Kiwikeith

I have just returned from the Puri Santrian, we left on tuesday having had nied days there.

loved the hotel

this was our second visit having stayed there july 05

the Hotel has two good pools with plenty of loungers if you just want to relax by the pool.

It is adjacent to the beach.

Security, there are guards on the gate and on the beah path,

The rooms have tea and Coffee making facilities.

the first time we stayed we were in a club room this time in the garden wing. i was more than happy with both. with the club room you have a seprate pool area.

It is within easy walking distance to lots of resturants.

there are some on hte beach go the beach and turn right along the beach bath Donlads and Bobbys

if you go out of the main entrance there are at least ten within 200 yards

we mostly went to the Cat and Fiddle or the Trophy

both very good, with a good menu. the cat and fiddle was a bit more expensive but had live music every night. Not loud, country and irish music.

We have been twice and would be more than happy to go back

Sanur itself is a quiet resort area and very relaxing

Southwold, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
595 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Puri Santrian experts

the pool clsoe at 8pm

PERTH
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Puri Santrian experts

Hey Kiwikeith, if you stay at Hyatt you will drink that many coffees at the incredible buffet breakfast you will only need Bintang and water for the rest of the day. I found the Santrian hotel a little boxed in not enough open space like the Hyatt but the hyatt will be a lot quieter also not too far out of the way either.

Have not stayed at the Santrians only inspected then last year but believe them to be good.

I considered the Keraton but only for a few days as the seafood all along the beach is awesome

You will have a ball at any of them, whay not split the hol into 2 places, first the Griya santrian then the hyatt.

Australia
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Puri Santrian experts

HI keith

We have been to Bali 15 or 16 times. Love the Puri Santrian. We always get a bungalow as it has that special Bali feel. Gorgeous bathrooms and a little patio outsie to sit on. No one above or below you and its like your own little house. Very safe, clean and comfortable resort. We are going again in April so will let you know that its like this time.

Regards

WA Traveller

uk
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Puri Santrian experts

Hi

We have just returned fron staying at the Griya Santrian it was excellent. Very peaceful lovely gardens. All the staff were very polite and friendly.

The pool was excellent having a swim up sunken bar and in use near midnight. Most of the people staying there seemed to want peace and relaxation which they surely got. Food was very good, some entertainment most evenings and not too loud.Coffee / tea facility in the room we had. Beach wing deluxe, very spacious clean etc.

There is a walk of about 300yards to the main road (torch reccommended) with a good choice of resteraunts, or you could leave your room walk through the gardens past the pool onto the beach path and choose a place to eat on the beach from many of the beach path resteraunts, all excellent food. And the Bali people are wonderful.

Austin, Texas
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Puri Santrian experts

There are no elevators at the Puri Santrian...