We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sanur

Which Sanur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
manchester uk
11 posts
Save Topic
Sanur

Hi I am going to stay in bali hyatt in sanur can anyone tell me if it is north south or middle. I am taking my mum who is 72 years old will she be alright to walk around there?? any infor would be appreciated thank Karen

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,392 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sanur

Hi the Hyatt is in the south. There are great walkways along the beach so that will be fine for your mum. That's one of the good things about Sanur. The paved walkways. Other parts of Bali are a problem with the uneven roads etc. You are right on the beach and walkways. There are some small cafes nearby for dinner. If you want to go to the north to the markets for example just get a taxi as it's a few kilometres. (about 5 at a guess).

Avalon Beach...
Level Contributor
822 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sanur

Hi karen,

The Hyatt is in the middle, just off the bottom of this map

mapsbali.com/areas/sanur1.php?map=sanur4

I'm taking my 74 year old mother again in May, her 5th trip and she loves it. She happily goes off on her own and does the shops, she's been known to pop into Hardys supermarket for 5 minutes and not come back for hours because she was having such a good time window shopping!

Walking is fine, plenty of shops, cafes and restaurants within walking distance of the Hyatt. If you get tired of walking you can catch the little green bus which runs up and down the road all day long.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,912 posts
318 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sanur

yes the hyatt is in the middle. i stay at the bali hyatt every year. your mum will have no trouble walking around. if she doesn't like steps there is a ramp from the lobby to the rooms and also lifts. the area around the pools is paved and some timber decking easy to walk. plenty of places in the huge garden to walk as well. even getting in and out of the pools is easy. the beach front is lovely and relaxing and plenty of shady umbrellas and sun loungers. the paved walkway has a few places in need of repair but over all good. if you go out the front of the hotel onto the road just take a green bemo to get you anywhere along the street to restaurants shops etc. only 1000 to 3000 rp per person per trip. this is great as your mum won't get tired walking too far yet still be able to stop and look around any where you want. sanur is probably one of the best places for an 'older' traveller' as far as getting around.

in general the footpaths on the street are a little rough in places but i am sure you will have a great time.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,392 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sanur

Hi, have you walked from the Hyatt north to Sindhu markets? It's far from the middle. The map you posted is the middle and The Hyatt is not on it. It is south of that. I walked it a few times last week and believe me it's a lot longer from the Hyatt north than it is to the restaurants in the south.

It is a nice walk but not for a 72 year old.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,912 posts
318 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sanur

Hi Karen

if you do a search on wikimapia and type in bali hyatt or telaga restaurant you can get satellite photos of the hyatt and it will show you exactly where it is in comparison to other places in sanur.

the 3 large squares you see are the actual accommodation blocks. to the left adjacent the hyatt is their chinese restaurant Telaga Naga. from there you can follow the road north and see where things are located such as hardys supermarket. the hyatt sits in about the 'middle' of the 'major' hotels in sanur.

manchester uk
11 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Sanur

Wow Thank you for the information much obliged to you all. I am really looking forward to my trip.

I wish you all a great 2008.

thank you once again Karen

7. Re: Sanur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 am, September 18, 2009