We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puri Santrian

Which Sanur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Belgium
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Puri Santrian

Has anyone stayed at the Puri Santrian recently? I'm wondering if the bathrooms are decent. I emailed the hotel asking for photos but they said they had none.

Can anyone comment on the quality or cleanliness of the bathrooms in Beach wing? Garden wing? Club wing?

Austin, Texas
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Puri Santrian

I saw that it was one of the beter rated hotels in Sanur. Our group is staying their in March '08. Please let us know how it was if you went there.

Thanks,

george

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,892 posts
316 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Puri Santrian

hi

i can't answer your specific question about the bathrooms, but i suggest you check the following where you will see at least 160 + photos of the puri santrian hotel.

go to

webshots

and type in puri santrian hotel

a membeer called radu001 has downloaded a whole album of photos for puri santrian.

Belgium
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Puri Santrian

Thanks for the link. No bathroom photos, though.

Even the reservations office said they only have one photo of the bathrooms - a close up of the bath taps - which isn't very helpful. I asked the reservations office when the bathrooms were last renovated, but they didn't reply. Is there some kind of dirty secret with the Puri Santrian bathrooms? Alarm bells are ringing here...

As an aside, on the link you gave there was one photo of the Club room, and the furniture looked scruffy. It didn't look anywhere near as nice as the Club room photo on the Santrian website. Bit of a worry.

Lots of photos of the grounds, at least they look very nice.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,892 posts
316 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Puri Santrian

hi, pity you didn't find a bathroom photo.

all i can say is that the toilets and bathrooms here will look heavenly after you see and use the toilets elsewhere in bali.

lets just say the floors are usually wet, some have no toilet paper, others use a bucket of water and a scoop. others have a hose. i do suggest you take a packet of wet wipes and some tissues! anyway you will know what i mean when you get there!

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
479 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Puri Santrian

We are booked to go to the puri in november and i believe this is one of the best hotels in the sanur area which is reassuring enough surely. I have not read any complaints about the cleanliness of the toilets/bathrooms in this hotel and im sure they are of good condition - if they werent dont you think more people would mention it in their trip reports/reviews?!

Im sure theres nothing to worry about just keep an eye on the reviews and if you are really doubtful it might be worth you looking into staying at a different hotel.

Just look forward to travelling to a new country and seeing new stuff this is what i think about when ever i have any anxieties about going to a different country.

Isle of Man
Level Contributor
200 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Puri Santrian

Hi, I stayed at the Puri Santrian last year and the year before in the Garden & Beach rooms. The Garden room bathroom was great, clean, new and had everything that you would need. In the beach room we had, the bathroom was older, but it was clean and again we had no problem with it. The only thing was the bathroom just had the bath/shower and toilet, with the sink outside, which was a bit inconvenient. I dont think you will have a problem, but perhaps request a garden room on the first level which is where the rooms that have the newer bathrooms. I am going back again on tuesday and am again staying at the Puri Santrian, its great and I would recommend it highly. Hope this helps you with your decision.

Southwold, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
604 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Puri Santrian

i stayed at the Puri Santrain in 2005 and it was fantastic, couldn't fault it in any way.

We are returning to Bali on feb 17th and will be staying at the puri Santrian again.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Puri Santrian

Hi

I stayed in The club room in September 2007 for our honeymoon. The bathrooms were kept very clean and all the tiles and toilet etc were spotless. the only issue that we had is that toilet could fill up looking as though it could overflow but never did.

I didn't use the bath as I went to fill it up but the water wasn't the best colour so only used it to wash the sand off our feet.

The shower was always at a great pressure. hope this helps

Mandurah
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Puri Santrian

Hello we atayed at the sister hotel the Griya santrian and had to be upgraded twice as the bathrooms were awful, would have needed two gallons of bleach and elbow grease. We were upset and got moved twice.

We are going to the Bali Hyatt no problems there at all. Have heard from friends who stayed at the Puri Santrian that the rooms are slightly better!!! but only slight.

We found if you are booking standard garden then that is what you get STANDARD. The griya only have 20 superior and we were lucky after a fuss to get upgraded, we did say we were going to leave the hotel at first.

Maybe the Puri ate a little better. Hope this helps.

Would never stay in a Santrian hotel again.

california
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Puri Santrian

Stayed there in 2007 on two different occasions. I chose the cheaper wing because I wasn't going to spend much time in the room. It was perfectly adequate and the bathroom was fine and functional, but not at all elegant. One room had a normal bathtub, but the other required a big step up into it. Others in our group went to the posher wing and seemed to like it fine.

The grounds are lovely, as is the pool, and the buffet breakfast had lots of variety. Hope that helps!